Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
borzoimom
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-05-2007, 12:05 AM

Members In The Us- Crufts Is On !!

FINALLY WE GET TO SEE IT! ITS ON ANIMAL PLANET EAST TIME 8AM- NOW!!!! eeeeeeek sooooooo excited!!!
-GreyhoundGirl-
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-05-2007, 12:11 AM
Enjoy! I wish I had animal planet... I don't get it unless you pay extra..

LOL! I just thought of something... The high percentage of UK members are going to be like... lol! We watched that months ago!
borzoimom
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-05-2007, 12:14 AM
( commercial)- so someone answer me this... Why can the dog be handled and judged on any side? Here- its only the left side. The whole dog is judged but the judges side is the left..
surannon
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-05-2007, 05:15 AM
It's the norm here to do everything on the left hand side too and I've not seen any exhibitors move their dogs whilst being on the right (apart from straight up and down sometimes when the handler will switch sides). It doesn't matter which way round you face your dog when it's standing here so the judge has to be able to go over both sides.

HTH

Debs
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2007, 11:58 AM
Its the norm here to be on the left but the important thing is to make sure you never get between the dog & the judge so if the judge is in a certain position you may need to move to show the dog off better.
borzoimom
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-05-2007, 01:02 PM
Hmmm interesting. Although the dog is judged on all sides- the dog is presented to the judge with the left side towards the judge.
My poor friends last night I usually talk too.. lol .. I was like " ohhh cant talk now- Crufts is on.. " lol
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2007, 01:16 PM
Perhaps one day you'll actually be able to go to Crufts yourself. This year I met a lot of Americans, & people from all over the world. Now Crufts is at the NEC its only a mile from my house.Guess who's popular in March?
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2007, 06:55 PM
Crufts is in march! Thats when I'm coming to England to pick up my puppy! I hope the timing works out!
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2007, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by muttzrule View Post
Crufts is in march! Thats when I'm coming to England to pick up my puppy! I hope the timing works out!
Next year 2008 Crufts is on from 6th to 9th March. I hope the timing works out for you as well.