Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2005, 11:19 AM

Tam

Since Jasper has gone, (2 nights) she has fouled in the kitchen.

I've been letting her out later than I usually would and getting up earlier but she has still fouled the kitchen.

Could she be doing this cos she misses Jas and is attention seeking?
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2005, 11:52 AM
yeah nae i think shes prob stressed or upset missing jas!!
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-07-2005, 12:02 PM
If she's not done this before I'd put it down to all the change, sure she'll stop once she's got use to Jas's absense.
Meg
Supervisor

30-07-2005, 12:06 PM
Yes Staffy, I would guess it is related to the change of conditions, can you give her a large 'safe 'cuddly toy to sleep with (no eyes to eat) and maybe a tshirt you have worn that still smells of you..also give her lots to do/excercise during the day if you can so she is tired and sleeps better
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2005, 01:50 PM
I don't think she's attention seeking but I do think she's confused. I assume they slept together then?
She must be totally perplexed at where he's gone - and confused her routine has changed which it must have done.

Give her loads of "mind wearing excercise" such as kongs hide and seek that sort of thing. Kn*cker her mind and she will sleep.

The idea of the t-shirt is good Sal and Tess both as pups had a old work shirt of mine. It seemed to help. Good luck.

Karen
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered

30-07-2005, 10:50 PM
She is probably feeling the same way as Jasper did when Tam I died You need to do the same sort of thing for her as you did for Jasper at that time. Try to keep her mind and body exercised - games, new walks, etc.
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2005, 05:33 PM
Thanx guy's. Yes Kazz they did sleep together. I'm gonna try the t-shirt/jumper thing tonight and see if that helps her. We had to take the children to my mum's today and unfortunately she had to stay at home We left her for about 4 hours and there was no accidents from her. I was really pleased with her and made a big fuss of her. She was sooo funny, she rolled over onto her back and I gave her a belly rub which she loved.

I'll let you know tomorrow how we get on tonight with her
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2005, 05:40 PM
I think she will get better - its just a complete shock to her she is unsure whats happening.

Karen
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2005, 06:57 AM
We had a clean dog last night!

I went downstairs about 6 this morning and she was clean. I gave her one of my jumpers and she slept with that all night, okay she draged it half way round the kitchen but atleast we had no accidents
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2005, 07:27 AM
I know you more than likely will but whoever she goes to please please mention this to them and not just in passing make a point of telling them it is possible she will foul the first few nights due to being unsure - I mean its one of the things a lot of people don't expect from an adult dog - even if a rescue dog. So pleae make ure they know not everyone is thoughtful as to what "makes" a dog do what they do.

But I am sure she is over a big hurdle if she can keep it up through a few more nights but the "shock" of moving home might prove to much for her system.
Karen
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >