View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2009, 10:38 AM
I loved that the poodle was wagging his tail and looked as though he was really enjoying himself
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2009, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by Fernsmum View Post
Do you not like the look of poodles or have you owned one and did not like it ?
I, personally, don't like the look of them at all.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2009, 11:04 AM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
I loved that the poodle was wagging his tail and looked as though he was really enjoying himself
That's true, he did show himself very well and looked as though he was enjoying it very much.
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2009, 11:08 AM
There was a Pharaoh hound! Curses! I adore that breed. I would have taken Pharaoh's grandsire home in a flash if the farmer had wanted to get rid! Probably one of my fave breeds.. Grr.. no coverage here.. Not working with my Mac and I'm not keen on paying if I might not be able to see anyway ...
Netpon
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-03-2009, 11:09 AM
I don't have a problem with poodles, I love standards (minis and toys are a bit to delicate for me ) I just have a problem with the ridiculous haircuts they have, I like a dog to look like a dog not a pom pom gone wrong . But then a lot of show dogs haircuts are rather impractical
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2009, 11:59 AM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
I, personally, don't like the look of them at all.

I don't like the look of some breeds of dogs but I wouldn't be rude enough to say so on a dog forum where there are people who have these breeds of dogs
Netpon
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-03-2009, 12:09 PM
Isn't this a forum where we are allowed to voice our opinions whether others agree with them or not?

As a rotty owner I have grown a very thick skin as I get people abusing me and my dogs on a fairly regular basis just because of their breed. I wouldn't be upset at someone saying they didn't like rotts, thats their opinion and there are lots of breeds that I don't like.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

09-03-2009, 12:09 PM
I think any of the finalists would have been a worthy winner as this year . They each had such a lot going for them and without being hands on would be impossible to pick a winner.

If I had to make a choice just from looking I would have picked the Poodle first, the Pharoh second and if there was a third place it would have been the Pap for me and if a fourth the Boxer.

I did however think that the judge would pick the Sealyham having had these in the past, so it must have been a really good example for him to go for it , I would think.

But... to be honest I would ghave taken any one of the finalist home LOL I should be so luckY !!!!!!!
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2009, 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Me neither. I think they look ridiculous like that.
You should maybe try looking at the whole dog, rather than just his hair style! Honestly he is a beautiful dog, I hate it when people critisize Poodles just because of their show clip! They are great dogs - real dogs!
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

09-03-2009, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
You should maybe try looking at the whole dog, rather than just his hair style! Honestly he is a beautiful dog, I hate it when people critisize Poodles just because of their show clip! They are great dogs - real dogs!

I agree he is a stunning dog. Having owned a poodle in the past I know that they are also one of the most intelligent of breeds and every inch a real dog.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >