Our sister sites
Our sister sites
twiglet422
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-07-2009, 05:49 PM

Treats for sensitive tum tums

Hi guys
Can anyone recommend some training treats for my girly she has a very sensitive tum tum and although she has been munching quite happily on chicken she is becoming bored of it.
Either shop bought or homemade i dont mind i just want to give her something different to keep her interest
Thanks
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2009, 06:39 AM
How about either liver cake (or because liver is quite rich and too much might upset her tummy) sardine cake using oats instead of flour.

Both made the same way - I'm afraid I don't do it by weights and measures - all I do is -

put whatever amount of liver or sardines you have (prbably would need at least two of the usual sardine size tins) to a blender. if liver, you need to liquidize if before adding anything else. Then add one or two whole eggs (including the shell), some garlic (optional) and the oats and blend. Just keep adding oats until the mixture is quite thick.

Then dish out into a baking tray (grease it first) and cook in the over until if it is solid right through. Freeze what you are not going to use over the next day or two.

Stumpy has a sensitive stomach and she is fine with either of those, although she can't have too much liver cake.

I also use Wainwrights 'Dog's Best Friend' biscuits (Pets at Home) which are designed for sensitive stomachs. Some of the flavours the biscuits are quite big so I just break them up. Of course not all dogs will work just for a dog biscuit, but mine do and these biscuits seem to be quite tasty!
nellie_dean
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-07-2009, 07:21 AM
To save all the hassle of making anything, go to your local pet shop and get sample packs of any natural hypoallergenic foods which they have pn offer - hey presto, free treats!