Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-12-2013, 01:05 PM

Bone of Contention?

Chloe's the sort of dog that everyone falls in love with and tells me how lucky I am to own such a sweet little dog ... BUT .... they don't know that inside that tiny body lurks a horrible MONSTER!

I learnt early on that although she has a generous heart and will share anything with anyone the one thing she regards as hers and hers alone is HER bone and woe betide any human or dog that tries to take it off her. For this reason she's always given her bone ... one that can be eaten quickly .... whilst she's out on the driveway, and Georgina has hers in the enclosed porch and they're not allowed to be together until both bones have been eaten.

Yesterday morning having checked they'd finished their bones I opened the porch gate and let Georgie out, but instead of wandering off like she normally does Georgie went up to Chloe and sniffed her face. Chloe went for Georgie,so Georgie launched herself at Chloe and all hell let loose with the pair of them fighting. Thank goodness for harnesses ... I grabbed Georgie with one hand and pulled her off Chloe and with the other hauled Chloe into the air and out of the way. at the same time telling them to "STOP"! Georgie got banished to the garden and Chloe was plonked on my bed and after checking that neither of them was the worse for wear I ignored them for next half hour.

I wish I had their capacity for forgiveness because when they next met up it was as though the fight had never happened and they were back to being best friends again.

A pic of my innocent looking MONSTER!

[IMG]www.dogsey.com[/IMG]
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-12-2013, 01:16 PM
Just look at that expression on Chloe's gorgeous face!

"Butter would not melt....."
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2013, 01:24 PM
Cannot believe she would do such a thing far too innocent looking