View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-12-2013, 11:22 AM
Catrin, the difference is that Pereg was deliberately attacked whereas no way did Tonks attack Remus. Please give both of them a cuddle for me! xx
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2013, 11:38 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Catrin, the difference is that Pereg was deliberately attacked whereas no way did Tonks attack Remus. Please give both of them a cuddle for me! xx
I will do. They've just had another tiff...well more Remus snapping a "get off my bull's pizzle" to Tonks. Since Tonks' diagnosis I'm not letting them have high value treats in the same room together so one is usually crated when they get a treat because I'm conscious that, if she starts feeling unwell, she may not always be the amazingly tollerant dog that we've lived with so far.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-12-2013, 12:16 PM
I know exactly what you mean about Tonks not being so tolerant if she is feeling unwell or even just a bit "off" - I have to put up with Pereg's abnormal behaviour when her brain is confusing her. (((hugs))) xx
Mattie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-12-2013, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
I will do. They've just had another tiff...well more Remus snapping a "get off my bull's pizzle" to Tonks. Since Tonks' diagnosis I'm not letting them have high value treats in the same room together so one is usually crated when they get a treat because I'm conscious that, if she starts feeling unwell, she may not always be the amazingly tollerant dog that we've lived with so far.

I am sorry that Remus has an injury, it is quite a problem with thin skinned dogs, Whippets are usually the worst. I know people who have a coat on their dogs to help and it does reduce the incidents. Some even have to wear chest protectors.

Now for a kick up the butt Catrin, Tonks doesn't know there is anything wrong and all you will be doing is putting her under stress by changing how you interact with her, I know you are worried and anxious but that isn't going to help Tonks, you, your partner and your daughters so open a bottle of wine and a box of chocolates and chill.

Yes I understand you not wanting to put Tonks under stress when she is feeling ill but at the moment she is fine. Just watch her eyes, they will tell you a lot more early on but I don't think that she will feel ill for quite a few years yet, more than 2 years. Just inspect her body every day, twice a dog if it helps you, and lumps you find get them off fast and they will get smaller and smaller and stop coming. Your vet has to give the worst prognosis and most dogs do live longer than they say, it is the same with humans, my MIL was given 6 months, she lasted another 2.5 years and she was really ill when they diagnosed her with lung cancer.

Change as little as you can with Tonks, keep to the normal routine as much as you can. Quality of life is important far more important that we sometimes realise. My husband may have lived quite a bit longer if I had kept him in the house all the time but didn't, I pushed him to walk again, as long as he could get into the caravan with help I was happy with that and we went all over the country instead.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2013, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
I am sorry that Remus has an injury, it is quite a problem with thin skinned dogs, Whippets are usually the worst. I know people who have a coat on their dogs to help and it does reduce the incidents. Some even have to wear chest protectors.

Now for a kick up the butt Catrin, Tonks doesn't know there is anything wrong and all you will be doing is putting her under stress by changing how you interact with her, I know you are worried and anxious but that isn't going to help Tonks, you, your partner and your daughters so open a bottle of wine and a box of chocolates and chill.

Yes I understand you not wanting to put Tonks under stress when she is feeling ill but at the moment she is fine. Just watch her eyes, they will tell you a lot more early on but I don't think that she will feel ill for quite a few years yet, more than 2 years. Just inspect her body every day, twice a dog if it helps you, and lumps you find get them off fast and they will get smaller and smaller and stop coming. Your vet has to give the worst prognosis and most dogs do live longer than they say, it is the same with humans, my MIL was given 6 months, she lasted another 2.5 years and she was really ill when they diagnosed her with lung cancer.

Change as little as you can with Tonks, keep to the normal routine as much as you can. Quality of life is important far more important that we sometimes realise. My husband may have lived quite a bit longer if I had kept him in the house all the time but didn't, I pushed him to walk again, as long as he could get into the caravan with help I was happy with that and we went all over the country instead.
Oh yes she's definitely enjoying a good quality of life, long woodland walks and lots of log rolling, lots of snuggles on the sofa and and she's over joyed to be back on nature diet. She won't be mollie coddled but I don't want Remus to keep annoying her when she doesn't want to be hassled, which he is quite an expert at.
In the normal day to day run of things I'm not worried about her, I don't have the time for one thing!, but but every now and then I wonder about if there are tumours inside her....but there's no way of telling that I suppose. Tomorrow morning carys has preschool so it's just me walking the dogs, plus three other dogs, and those are the walks she likes best, when Remus has someone else to pick on...er I mean play with...and she can do her own thing.
Mattie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-12-2013, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
In the normal day to day run of things I'm not worried about her, I don't have the time for one thing!, but but every now and then I wonder about if there are tumours inside her....but there's no way of telling that I suppose. Tomorrow morning carys has preschool so it's just me walking the dogs, plus three other dogs, and those are the walks she likes best, when Remus has someone else to pick on...er I mean play with...and she can do her own thing.
Nothing you can do about it so stop worrying, when Peggie first came she had tumours in every teat, some were quite big, before my vet operated they took an x-ray of her chest, it was clear so they operated. She is fit and well again having a lovely life with her fosterer. Lumps do not mean that she will die young.

Cyril picks on my dogs especially Tilly so I take him with Bonnie when they are going off lead, she won't take it and plays tuggy with him which they both love.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2013, 09:46 PM
Oooh that does look painful . I hope it heals quickly and doesn't cause him any problems.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2013, 10:27 PM
It's looking much better today and he's not that bothered by it thankfully. I doubt very much he'll have learned anything from it! Lol
Caramel
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-12-2013, 10:38 PM
Ouch!!!

All the best to your wizard boy!

Mr. Weasley crosses his paws for him getting well soon, too!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2013, 10:52 PM
Originally Posted by Caramel View Post
Ouch!!!

All the best to your wizard boy!

Mr. Weasley crosses his paws for him getting well soon, too!
Hehe, thank you.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >