Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2010, 07:36 AM
I think she's just fab! Look a picture of health and happiness to me
Dachshund
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-07-2010, 08:03 AM
I've grown a thick skin to comments of this kind Ali, you will have to too. A lot of people don't like them, but they forget all domestic animals are bred for a desirable trait, skinnies are no different

Mr Fuzzy says Hi by the way
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2010, 08:09 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Do you REALLY think because GP are not native to this country they couldnt survive? seriously? What about Muntjac Deer? American Mink? Grey Squirrels?

The picture you put up shows a pathetic creature "engineered" for human satisfaction and experimentation. Whilst you may think its "cute" and acceptable, please remember many do not.
GP's have no chance of survival in the wild in this country.

Cats, dogs and foxes and a habit of announcing where they are to all and sundry would all contribute to their demise.

rune
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-07-2010, 08:24 AM
Just as a side note,I once knew of four sows and three boars which escaped from their living quarter, the garden they lived in backed onto a small park..and yes they did feralise, reproduce, end in a small colony and manage to survive. They are often more adaptable then one may thing, they were a mixed group of one sheltie, three dutch, two himalayan and one small xbred
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2010, 09:27 AM
oohhh she is like a mini saddleback isnt she !!
I think I prefer the full hairy ones, but she aint half sweet !!!

I love the little noises gp's make xxx
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2010, 09:28 AM
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Just as a side note,I once knew of four sows and three boars which escaped from their living quarter, the garden they lived in backed onto a small park..and yes they did feralise, reproduce, end in a small colony and manage to survive. They are often more adaptable then one may thing, they were a mixed group of one sheltie, three dutch, two himalayan and one small xbred
I've known a few get out and they have all perished. I'd have loved to see them feral!

rune
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2010, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by aliwin View Post
Lol Chaz, I know you are the bunny queen. You would be forgiven I'm sure
I hope I will be forgiven lol, I actually use to have GP's, Ringo and Star were the last ones I had, but we also had Snowy, and Sonic, and a few others aswell, so really I should know more lol, I think with thier nose though it is cute, but I am not a morning person, and don't think I could take the dawn corus too much now, espcailly as my lil pets live in my room , apart from that my rabbits have as much room as they can, and I don't think it would be good to then add a couple of GP's, espcailly with H's temperment the little cow .

Lunar is the first Skinny that I have seen though, and I bet that she is softer then the Rex's I've also just looked up the hairless GP, I never knew that there was two types, the skinny and the Baldwin (what a great name for a complety hairless animal )

Oh and I for one would love to see the pics of her and a Abysynian, they must look like chalk and cheese .
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-07-2010, 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
I've known a few get out and they have all perished. I'd have loved to see them feral!

rune
it took around 7 months or so to fully recapture the "colony", a few had perish obviously, but the remainign ones and offspring all were quite fat n thick coated pigs..bred to adapt!
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-07-2010, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
I think she's just fab! Look a picture of health and happiness to me
Thank you Vickie xx

Originally Posted by Dachshund View Post
I've grown a thick skin to comments of this kind Ali, you will have to too. A lot of people don't like them, but they forget all domestic animals are bred for a desirable trait, skinnies are no different

Mr Fuzzy says Hi by the way
Hi Mr Fuzzy I don't mind people not liking them, I just don't think there is any need to be so offensive! I really hope I don't get those sort of comments very often It's tough when it's a much loved pet.

Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
oohhh she is like a mini saddleback isnt she !!
I think I prefer the full hairy ones, but she aint half sweet !!!

I love the little noises gp's make xxx
Those noises aren't so little when they live in your bedroom Thank you, I love hairy and bald!!

Originally Posted by chaz View Post
I hope I will be forgiven lol, I actually use to have GP's, Ringo and Star were the last ones I had, but we also had Snowy, and Sonic, and a few others aswell, so really I should know more lol, I think with thier nose though it is cute, but I am not a morning person, and don't think I could take the dawn corus too much now, espcailly as my lil pets live in my room , apart from that my rabbits have as much room as they can, and I don't think it would be good to then add a couple of GP's, espcailly with H's temperment the little cow .

Lunar is the first Skinny that I have seen though, and I bet that she is softer then the Rex's I've also just looked up the hairless GP, I never knew that there was two types, the skinny and the Baldwin (what a great name for a complety hairless animal )

Oh and I for one would love to see the pics of her and a Abysynian, they must look like chalk and cheese .
I will get some for you and post them up, she is a real cutie too.
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-07-2010, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Originally Posted by rune View Post

rune
Really? I have never known them survive and I would have loved to have seen that too. BD was right to be concerned there could be a feral colony of skinnies out to steal her woolies
Page 6 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 >