register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Is CM improving as a TV trainer & offering more apt advice
Yes 45 52.33%
No 41 47.67%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Closed Thread
Page 36 of 84 « First < 26 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 46 > Last »
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2009, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
I didn't because I was so sure he had to be joking (funny ha ha, NOT). I don't work for them any more, not that that would have stopped me from reporting cruelty.
Well I am pretty sure that the instructors (if they were worth their salt at ALL) wouldn't find such comments amusing either. He sounds a complete d*ckhead, and as though he most definitely should NOT be on the dog section with comments like that.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2009, 04:29 PM
I could not agree with you more Moobli ! To make a joke, if it was indeed a joke, about the GSDs in the Dog Section was neither funny nor tasteful.

I always hoped that knowing I was such a nut about dogs and horses, he thought it was funny to try and wind me up
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2009, 04:49 PM
AAarrgh, sorry to bring this thread up again, but I was reading Cesar's Way in Waterstones yesterday and wondered if anyone had an update on the GSD I believe called Beauty?

Fear aggressive, and out on walks CM says he used to have to chase her and get her to submit to him every time until she could learn (I won't even comment on this! ) his outstretched hand meant to accept him putting the lead on.

Not sure what he meant by submit, surely surely not pinning her? I don't think we can know for sure.

I think this may be the dog he shows being submissive in a set of photos further on where he uses his body language to dominate a dog ...

Does anyone know anything further about her, or were we left with this dog "having" to be chased even though she is fearful?

Wys
x
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-06-2009, 05:16 PM
Maybe you should buy the book. That's the only reference to Beauty in any of his books and you have actually misquoted what he said. Never mind hey.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2009, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Maybe you should buy the book. That's the only reference to Beauty in any of his books and you have actually misquoted what he said. Never mind hey.

I read the book yesterday (would not line his pockets, sorry but that's my choice...) and referred to it as I recalled it. I did ask for more info, that was the point of my post.

If I've got any part wrong, I'm very happy to stand corrected (if given half a chance) if someone will kindly explain what part.

Wys
x
weim1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-06-2009, 08:37 PM
from cesars website he still has beauty
quote!
Two years later, Beauty has come a long way and is now a core member of The Pack. She gets along well with other pack members and makes new friends easily because of her playful nature. Her favorite playmate is Sid, the French bull dog!
weim1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-06-2009, 08:41 PM
also a quote from the website about beauty

Early on, Beauty displayed a coping mechanism for her anxiety and fears: jumping. She easily cleared the eight-foot chain-link fence that surrounded the Center. Once she made it to the other side, she was free, but she never ran away. Beauty would simply sit and wait to be called back to The Pack. In dogs, fear drives the brain to run and stay away, but her submissive nature kept her bound to the physical presence of The Pack.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2009, 09:19 PM
A dog, like an abused child, will cling to its owner no matter what. Dogs are social animals and will accept dreadful cruelty, just in order to `belong`. I find the quote very sad.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2009, 11:36 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
A dog, like an abused child, will cling to its owner no matter what. Dogs are social animals and will accept dreadful cruelty, just in order to `belong`. I find the quote very sad.
Such a shame but absolutely right!

As far as police dog training is concerned, I heard of something similar a very long time ago. Since working for West Midlands Police I have got to make friends with a couple of dog handlers. They treat their dogs like family members when at home and partners when at work. The human officers would give their lives for their canine partners just as the dogs would protect their handlers. It's part of being in the Police. Although you're supposed to look out for your own safety first, you always look out for your partner first.

They don't use CM's methods because they wouldn't get the right response from their dogs if they did.

Laura xx
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2009, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by weim1 View Post
also a quote from the website about beauty

Early on, Beauty displayed a coping mechanism for her anxiety and fears: jumping. She easily cleared the eight-foot chain-link fence that surrounded the Center. Once she made it to the other side, she was free, but she never ran away. Beauty would simply sit and wait to be called back to The Pack. In dogs, fear drives the brain to run and stay away, but her submissive nature kept her bound to the physical presence of The Pack.
Weim thanks for posting this as for some reason I'd not thought of looking at his website

Wys
x
Closed Thread
Page 36 of 84 « First < 26 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 46 > Last »