View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2012, 05:18 PM
Thanks all This is what we had, and have to say, I'm not sorry to see the back of the 80's look or even the 70's maybe coz the old units even had that metal strip along the top of the doors!

This is what I've been doing out the front. This was how it looked down at the very bottom across our sliproad on the land which is ours but was very overgrown and neglected, what a difference. Coming up the steps, the bed at the bottom was full of overgrown heather so that's all gone. The ballistrades on the balcony were all cracked and green and neglected, so I scraped it all, filled it all, sanded it all and painted, except for the far corner which I couldn't get to because the bamboo pots were there but I will. I painted the shutters black instead of bergundy, and by this time next year, my lovely new porcelain tiles will be out there and my new rattan balcony set I hope!!!

Before, all very overgrown but no closer pics I'm afraid.

and now!

Coming up the front steps and I painted the top half of the wall there!

The terrace. The bit of wood across near the front door will be gone when we get those new wrought iron gates which are going in the archway to the front of the door, they are just temporary to keep Zena from escaping (not that she would want to!)

The front lawn is work in progress, it's been so dry (no joke!) that tree has taken so much moisture the lawn suffered, so I've seeded it and it should come back. I bought some very special posh grass seed for that coz no dogs go on it, but I couldn't find it anywhere, so I used the one I bought for the back lawn which is a tough grass, but hey ho, I have now found that other box so I'll chuck that on top too lol!

This really is a very unique house, with its Spanish theme, it's no wonder it's making us work so hard to bring it into the 21st century. Those front doors are open all day long right up until it's dark, such a nice open feeling here and so very safe because it's an unadopted road, it just doesn't go anywhere up the top apart from tracks into the woods, plus we all have alarms lol! See, I've been just as busy as poor Dave, but the difference being everybody can SEE what I've done, whereas poor Dave never gets any recognition when he's been stuck up in that loft fiddling with electrics, or repairing the floors under that new laminate, but he says thankyou for recognising how hard he's been working now that you can actually see what he's doing lol!

Thanks for the interest, I'll keep you posted when Dave has worked a bit more then
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2012, 07:44 PM
That looks lovely, you must be very pleased
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2012, 08:58 PM
That looks smashing.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2012, 09:05 PM
Very nice, H!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2012, 06:22 AM
Thanks all It'll look so much better once the other side and breakfast bar has been done.....but that'll be a while, Dave has to work inbetween shifts here. Hmmmm, might put him on the night shift at week-ends!!!
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2012, 07:34 AM
That kitchen is looking really lovely and plenty of room for a tin of biccies even if they never get opened .
Outside is looking lovely too so peaceful and beautiful.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2012, 07:42 AM
Wow - that looks fab!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2012, 07:44 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Thanks all This is what we had, and have to say, I'm not sorry to see the back of the 80's look or even the 70's maybe coz the old units even had that metal strip along the top of the doors!

This is what I've been doing out the front. This was how it looked down at the very bottom across our sliproad on the land which is ours but was very overgrown and neglected, what a difference. Coming up the steps, the bed at the bottom was full of overgrown heather so that's all gone. The ballistrades on the balcony were all cracked and green and neglected, so I scraped it all, filled it all, sanded it all and painted, except for the far corner which I couldn't get to because the bamboo pots were there but I will. I painted the shutters black instead of bergundy, and by this time next year, my lovely new porcelain tiles will be out there and my new rattan balcony set I hope!!!

Before, all very overgrown but no closer pics I'm afraid.

and now!

Coming up the front steps and I painted the top half of the wall there!

The terrace. The bit of wood across near the front door will be gone when we get those new wrought iron gates which are going in the archway to the front of the door, they are just temporary to keep Zena from escaping (not that she would want to!)

The front lawn is work in progress, it's been so dry (no joke!) that tree has taken so much moisture the lawn suffered, so I've seeded it and it should come back. I bought some very special posh grass seed for that coz no dogs go on it, but I couldn't find it anywhere, so I used the one I bought for the back lawn which is a tough grass, but hey ho, I have now found that other box so I'll chuck that on top too lol!

This really is a very unique house, with its Spanish theme, it's no wonder it's making us work so hard to bring it into the 21st century. Those front doors are open all day long right up until it's dark, such a nice open feeling here and so very safe because it's an unadopted road, it just doesn't go anywhere up the top apart from tracks into the woods, plus we all have alarms lol! See, I've been just as busy as poor Dave, but the difference being everybody can SEE what I've done, whereas poor Dave never gets any recognition when he's been stuck up in that loft fiddling with electrics, or repairing the floors under that new laminate, but he says thankyou for recognising how hard he's been working now that you can actually see what he's doing lol!

Thanks for the interest, I'll keep you posted when Dave has worked a bit more then
It really is gorgeous H - and I can really see the Spanish theme. Loving the photos. Keep them coming.
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-08-2012, 09:00 AM
Isn't it wonderful when your hard work pays off?

H, it looks wonderful. What a beautiful home. Your balcony is just perfect for relaxing with the old Vino on a lovely balmy evening!

Well Done to Dave in the kitchen, and your work outside is outstanding.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2012, 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
That kitchen is looking really lovely and plenty of room for a tin of biccies even if they never get opened .
Outside is looking lovely too so peaceful and beautiful.
Thanks Bev, and yeah, just gotta find a biccie tin that matches now haven't I, which of course, will only by there on show!!!!

Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
It really is gorgeous H - and I can really see the Spanish them. Loving the photos. Keep them coming.
Thanks Kirsty, I'm loving the Spanish theme, it's going on all up the road too. I bet you're also loving the forest opposite, and you were right, we do have badgers! They walk down the centre of the road every night, but they stop off in various back gardens, coz of course, I suppose that was their route before these houses were built, but we're yet to see them, but we will

Originally Posted by Deb/Pugglepup View Post
Isn't it wonderful when your hard work pays off?

H, it looks wonderful. What a beautiful home. Your balcony is just perfect for relaxing with the old Vino on a lovely balmy evening!

Well Done to Dave in the kitchen, and your work outside is outstanding.
Thanks Deb, and lol, yes, that balcony is just the job for balmy summer evenings or all day come to that, I enjoy it so much with Zena at my feet gnawing away on her cheesy bone kong! It's all so perfick, and they'll be taking me away from this one in my box that's for sure, I don't want to move, it's so peaceful here and I have everything to hand that I need. Can't wait to get those lovely big gates set up in that archway coz that will really open up the whole balcony, the Zena guard will be gone, and I'm hoping she won't get that head or legs stuck in it, but we've kind of got around that with the blacksmith who's making them I hope!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >