Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
borzoimom
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-08-2007, 02:48 PM

Help!

Femka was improving until last night. We got hit with some really bad storms. I am not sure why exactly but it really upset her. all this stress and tension made a huge set back, and today she is in pain again.
The vet suggested Lavendar candles. We tried the plug in type but it makes the others " stupid". Zubin even fell down the stairs..
What else other than lavendar would help remove the stress? The vet said they can not sedate her..
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2007, 02:55 PM
Sorry to hear about the set back when things were looking up.

There are some herbal remedies which some people claim work and that would only be applied to Femka but I can't remember their names (will go and look them up for you in a minute if no-one else can remember, although of course they may have different trade names in the USA).

You can also get DAP diffusers which emit natural pheromones...the diffuser may affect all your dogs, but I think you can get it in a spray which hopefully would help to ensure it was only given to Femka.

Hopefully someone else will be along in a mo with further info
Shirleyc
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-08-2007, 02:55 PM
Camomile is also a good stress reliever. Not sure if you can get it in scent or not but you can get herbal rememdies with it in .

Sorry poor Femka had a bad night, I hope she perks up again soon x
borzoimom
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-08-2007, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by Shirleyc View Post
Camomile is also a good stress reliever. Not sure if you can get it in scent or not but you can get herbal rememdies with it in .

Sorry poor Femka had a bad night, I hope she perks up again soon x
Let me try that too. My husband is frantically going to a better place to find something. The vet called back. The second vet I use called back and said the same thing. Thank you soooooooo much! Your post and her call hit at the same time.. !
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

10-08-2007, 03:15 PM
Hi Michelle so sorry to hear poor Femka has had a set-back . I have tried the herbal remedies asuch as Recue Remedy and Calm down, and they did not work on mine but my friend who also has Borzois swears by them and says they work well for hers. I think they are made by a Company called Bach Flower Remedies or similar and are available from a Drug store or a herbalist.

edit to say I meant Health Food Store not herbalist.
borzoimom
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-08-2007, 03:25 PM
Okay let me call the pharmacies..
borzoimom
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-08-2007, 03:44 PM
No go.. My husband is looking for either candles to help.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

10-08-2007, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by borzoimom View Post
No go.. My husband is looking for either candles to help.

Hi Michelle google Bach Flower Remedies and it comes up with suppliers in the states.
borzoimom
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-08-2007, 03:58 PM
Thank you! will do.. I need something for tonight. The clouds are already gathering. I am also boiling nutmeg.. I even thought of taking her to the vets but as they said that is still a stress on her, and of course- they would get the similair storms.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2007, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by borzoimom View Post
Thank you! will do.. I need something for tonight. The clouds are already gathering. I am also boiling nutmeg.. I even thought of taking her to the vets but as they said that is still a stress on her, and of course- they would get the similair storms.
could you drown out storm noise with some relaxing music?
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >