Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-11-2005, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by gordon lover
And SB thats not fair :smt005 I'd take a Boxer, I'd be happy with a Boxer!! Can they track?!! Agility?!! I'd go for one now if I could find a good breeder
Obedience, tracking, agility, jumping, Schutzhund, flyball, frisbee, even herding ... Boxers can do it all - and do it all very well
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2005, 07:57 PM
Hi

I have never had any dealing with AM bulldogs, so can't help there.

Honestly though I can tell you about Staffies; well the one I have owned.

My Sal now is 3, she has been a PAT registered dog since she was 1, she also does agility and flyball is excellent at and loves both.
She has also had a go at tracking but although apparently she was "above average" for a beginner I did not have the time to dedicate to it, but have a feeling she would have donewell at it.
She has also done in the past and does in the "season" picking up - God can't get my words out today you know retreiving game from a shoot, she adores that, (what comes of spending time with someone who is training his Labs ) Sal is the only Staffie I know who goes shooting though and she adores it but ain't keen on retreiving from water -

But what you mean by working not sure, but I know Staffs who do weightpull etc etc. But they are not a breed you consider first (well actually they don't reach the top 100) of working dogs persa.But I would think maybe an AB would be more your line but remember Staffs do everything 110% once they know what you want.

Karen
gordon lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2005, 12:03 PM
Hmmmmmmm, we just use the term "work" for everything sporty so thanks!! And I'm not referring to manwork! Just (especially!) obedience, agility, tracking, ect

Ta
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2005, 12:26 PM
* Cough * Border Collie * Cough *
gordon lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2005, 12:39 PM
Yea, right Gems. You know it will be a BC anyway What color do you recommend?
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2005, 06:37 PM
Nah, forget those!! You need a Rottie!

Superb all-rounder, highly intelligent working dog, very agile can do agility, excels at working trials (often said it has better nose than GSD), highly competitive dog, strong prey drive and working instinct. Once knows who is boss will love to please you. Stubborn but very good worker, loves to use his brain and be occupied. Is fine as long as socialized well with dogs (and of course from good lines and if you don't kennel him where he will get mistreated like mine!)

There you go - sorted!
gordon lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2005, 06:50 PM
:smt005 :smt005 :smt005 Whats the next suggestion?

Ask Becs (Archeopath) what my opinions to Rotties are (great dogs!! ) I had a pup reserved for this spring, the bitch got ovarian cancer and had to be spayed! And yes, definitly ONE day, but I don't want to rush into it. I have time to research breeders, go to siger-shows, and see how things work out. Getting a Rottie isn't something I want to rush into

BTW, I worked in a Rottie kennel for 7 years and still do from time to time So I do know the breed!
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2005, 06:54 PM
I was actually smiling, when I saw the post about the rottie

But then I know you, Kate
gordon lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2005, 06:59 PM
J, really......one day. But I'm not even thinking about it! While I'm still living with my parents theres no way (mums not "too" keen on them).

So, this time I'm waiting it out!
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2005, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by gordon lover
Yea, right Gems. You know it will be a BC anyway What color do you recommend?
Lol!! black tri not that im atall biased!
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >