Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2012, 07:13 AM

Folding bowl holders

On my hunt for new dog bowls I stumbled across folding down bowl holders, which I thought were a pretty good idea and might suit my lot. Unfortunately the price is quite high for what they are, so does anyone know of anything similar that costs less?

I had an idea about using hook on/bolt on crate bowl holders, but need to plan more about how I would hook/bolt them on without moving.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2012, 08:00 AM
When I fed from a raised bowl (many years ago) I just cut a hole in the bottom of a bucket turned it upside down and put the bowl in.

A word of warning about bowl holders, these can be dangerous if empty as dogs can and have put their legs in there and damaged themselves.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2012, 08:05 AM
We buy metal waste paper bins to fit the bowl (just measure your bowl size & take tape measure with you) for Boxers, they are usually correct height. You can get them in good hardware stores - half fill with broken brick or stones to steady them. Much cheaper & steadier than some of the raised stands.
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2012, 09:02 AM
I like the idea of the folding ones so I can put them out of the way when not in use.

These are the type I'm looking at, Although at £28 for a ring of metal and a back plate seems slightly steep.
http://www.halofeeder.co.uk/
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2012, 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
I like the idea of the folding ones so I can put them out of the way when not in use.

These are the type I'm looking at, Although at £28 for a ring of metal and a back plate seems slightly steep.
http://www.halofeeder.co.uk/
Oh yes they look good, not sure i'd spend that on them though , do you not have a handy man in the family who can make them for less??
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2012, 09:47 AM
My dad is quite handy, but he doesn't usually have the time as he travels around the country for work.

I've got quite a few bits of unistrut lying around so I'm wondering if that screwed onto the wall with a hinge and a bolt on food bowl ring might work.
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2012, 10:09 AM
Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
My dad is quite handy, but he doesn't usually have the time as he travels around the country for work.

I've got quite a few bits of unistrut lying around so I'm wondering if that screwed onto the wall with a hinge and a bolt on food bowl ring might work.
would need a clip at the top to hold the ring up too