View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
alady??
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-09-2009, 01:05 AM
Absolutely not, they are wild animals and should be left as such, as bad as putting an eagle in a budgie cage if you ask me

We should have animals because they are happy to be our companions not force something that is wild at heart to conform to human ways of life. Is that not why we have domesticated the dog?? Another way of man controlling nature (or attempting to very badly) and a recipe for man to A**e it up as usual, wish some folks would respect what is wild and what is not. Why do they have to "tame" (control) everything

And I so agree I wonder if these people would consider having a Panther as a pet wouldnt be to the disadvantage of the well being of the cat?
Labman
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-09-2009, 01:59 AM
Likely you have been presenting logical arguments to right brained people. Maybe you need to dig up all the old stereotypes, folk lore, and fear mongering you can find. There is no talking some people out of irrational acts.
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2009, 05:37 AM
Its a wild animal, why oh why make it into a pet
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2009, 06:36 AM
when i was a kid i wanted 'white fang' but as said i was a kid!! i admire wolves for what they are,I'm very sad that they are beginning to lose the 'red riding hood' myth around them because it is now going the other way...lets make pets out of them,how degrading to such an animal....although. , cats are always going to be wild,they dont need us at all and are really just mini versions of their wild cousins so i suppose the cat people are looking at it in that way.??
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2009, 07:38 AM
No, I wouldn't want a wolf as a pet.
There are some who do? It shouldn't surprise me, the world is full of stupid
MickB
Dogsey Senior
Male 

11-09-2009, 08:07 AM
Dogs are (more or less) domesticated animals which have lived closely with humans for thousands of years. Wolves are a wild, nomadic predator who are naturally shy and will avoid humans wherever possible. Wolf packs often travel 30 miles or more a day in search of prey and to "maintain" their territory. Keeping a wolf as a pet would go 100% against the nature of the wolf and no matter how well-meaning the owner and how comfortable his/her surroundings, this would constitute severe cruelty.
Having a "pet" wolf is a childish fantasy. Leave wolves where they belong - in the wild.

Mick
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2009, 08:11 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Shut yer face!! They dont roll in crap, eat it then lick their owners face!!!
Bet they do...
Mind you, we`re weird anyway - not only do we allow great clumsy hairy farty uncouth creatures into our homes...

we sometimes marry them
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2009, 08:26 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Bet they do...
Mind you, we`re weird anyway - not only do we allow great clumsy hairy farty uncouth creatures into our homes...

we sometimes marry them
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2009, 08:45 AM
No I wouldn't they are not domesticated!

Originally Posted by random View Post
Haha I said i'd love a clouded leopard or a serval lol. x
Yes I would love a leopard or Serval too, so here are some Serval picies for you. This lady was part of a captive breeding programme at the game reserve I visited in South Africa and yes she was approachable enough to have a cuddle and stroke, her partner, however, was not and stayed right at the back of their enclosure!

Absolutely beautiful!
Becky
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2009, 08:46 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Bet they do...

we sometimes marry them

Beautiful pics Becky, I really love Servals.
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >