Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chicky123
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-02-2011, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Very nice, but herbalism is totally different to homeopathy.
Sorry...
Tinglesnark
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-02-2011, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by chicky123 View Post
Sorry...
Don't be sorry! Our Smokey has a way with words

Thanks for the book list smokey will have a gander

The herbalism sounds interesting too!

x
polly7
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-08-2012, 04:36 PM
very interesting thread.I am very much into homeopathy for my hounds and my family.
as an example of the power of homeopathy I'll tell you of one of my hounds (now sadly at bridge). Greyhounds are very prone to corns as they have very little fat on their pads. Winnie developed a nasty corn which was being treated by management as hulling them is not always successful and they often come back. She wore boots on both front feet as it was too painful to walk without them.
While under GA for removal of a small growth on her face the vet did cut out the offending corn. 2 months later it had regrown with such ferocity that it took over the pad and the toe had to be amputated.
Because of the change in her walking position she then developed a corn on the other foot and I was in tatters. There is a lady on another forum who is a qualified homeopath and I asked her if she knew of anything that could help. She said she didn't but would work on it. 2 weeks later she sent me 2 oral remedies and a small phial of oil. I had to give the oral remedies for a week and put 3 drops of oil onto the pad 3 times daily and gently massage in. 3 weeks later there was no corn and even more incredibly she remained corn free for over 18 months (which is when I lost her to a heart attack). Lori sells that oil all over the world now and has a 95% success rate.
Homeopathy has it's critics because it can't be scientifically explained but it works and that's all I need to know. It's not a placebo as many suggest because my animals don't know they're taking anything and it always works for them.
It's not only physical things it can help. One of my hounds was very nervous and the slightest movement or sound would put great fear into her. This was due to her past life. She broke a hock at 12months old and was put, untreated,into a breeding pen for 8 years, during that time she was beaten so badly she had no shoulder. She was nine when I adopted her and she was the sweetest dog ever but continually frightened. I also got lori to take her history as much as we knew, also her fears & everything about her that we did know, and she sent me a remedy which took a long time as the problem was very deep seated but within 3 or 4 months she was so much more able to enjoy her life and the change in her was amazing.

If you are interested in homepathy, a very good general book with good illustrations and dedicated pages to each remedy (the more common ones), also a good section at the back where you can check your symptoms against which remedy is best, is this one.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/COMPLETE-HOM...4097934&sr=1-2

for animals I would suggest the ones smokeybear has already mentioned and also Ainsworths do a canine one
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2012, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by Tinglesnark View Post
I am really interested in Homeopathy but know very little about it and so i contacted a lady near to us that is supposed to be a leading light in her field. I have asked her for advice on how i can learn to use homeopathy for my family but also Delilah and Mailu the siamese cat
Does anyone know anything about it so that they could shead some light for me please?
thanks
I use this chap 4 my dog, siamese, & myself.

He's on 'another site' as THE MEDICINE MAN, OR MARK POOLEY (Lowestoft)) PHONE 01502 580802

Do not be put off by the name, he is highly qualified. You send him a small piece of hair/fur. The cost is £30 which include the homoeopathic liquid.

Hope this helps. Good Luck. DB
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2012, 05:40 PM
Find a homeopathic vet here.

www.bahvs.com
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2