View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
angel 02
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-05-2008, 12:21 PM
it was all a bit strange she didnt growl or even really snap she turned really quickly with her mouth open i was bent down with her at the time to make sure she didnt jump up i just know her and relised it wasnt like her to reacted like that she does like to open her mouth when playing something im trying to get her to stop doing but this was just different :/ x
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2008, 02:48 PM
did the child go to touch her head or neck?

Im gona stick my neck out here a bit,, but I think if it were one of my lot,, I would be really upset, I would want to get to the bottom of it and deal with it ASAP, I would question myself too, Its one of my major NO NO's with my dogs.

Im a wee bit concerned at people saying not to worrie,, I dont want to start a big debate or argument,,,so please dont think thats my intention, Im more than happy to help you if you like {I have helped others on the forum with similar things} feel free to pm me if you prefer

I know ZB wont mind me adding this link, though when we were sorting it out it was all done in pms. x
http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=84142
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2008, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
I defo agree with this, mabey its the breed I own but I would be very concerned if one of my lot snapped at a child when the child went to pet it,,, I would be very worried if one of my lot snapped even if the child was putting them under pressure,,But I have rotties So I must expect them to take whatever is being dished up by a child,,the other option open to them is squeal for mum to see it or run,
Ditto hun.I wouldn't be hanging around with my dogs in this heat in the first place as it's asking for trouble.I like to walk mines first thing in the morning and last thing at night.I guess as we have Rotts we are a bit over cautious but it shouldn't matter what breed we have.I have to agree with you 100% if any of mines snapped at a child ,heat or no heat I'd be very,very worried as theres no excuse for a dog snapping at any kid,it should never ever happen, simple as,xxxxxxxxx
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2008, 05:06 PM
thanks for the pm angel, just getting ready to go open the training club,,will get back to you when I get home tonight, x
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2008, 08:52 PM
had a long chat with angels mum last night,,,we did seem to hit a few things which may have caused this,,,, Im sure all will be sorted with angel soon x
angel 02
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-05-2008, 09:29 PM
thank you for the chat last night it has made me feel alot better and given me the control back that i felt i had lost your a star x
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2008, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by angel 02 View Post
thank you for the chat last night it has made me feel alot better and given me the control back that i felt i had lost your a star x
your very welcome, Im glad it helped xx
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3