Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2011, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by katygeorge View Post
this happens to me, im actually same height and weight as you and have a bullmastiff, i get lads on skate park shout things to get phoebe to react, i now just walk right up to them and ask them to repeat - they usually poop there pants too
lol I get the very quiet, barely audible whistles

I have had a guy 'act brave' jump out in front of us going 'big dobermann ooohh' whilst raising his hand (that had a bottle in it) the dog went mental and he fell into the fence oops

Also had a very burly looking drunk guy shout something crude, get no reaction, take a step towards me and see a dobe 'face to face' He suddenly went very quiet and toddled off. Amazing how quickly men can sober up
BangKaew
Dogsey Senior
Male 

06-08-2011, 04:56 AM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
Heehee at least your dog hasn't got a big fluffy curly tail

What idiots, honestly, don't waste your energy even thinking about their stupid comment, I'm really sorry they upset you. They are a waste of oxygen.
Mine has a big fluffy curly tail !

Things like this make me glad to be out of the UK. This is so symptomatic of society today. Bring back dog licences? If only those youths had rules boundaries and limitations!
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2011, 10:17 AM
When I used to live in London, there used to be many people I knew who ended up getting status dogs.

Now I have moved, dog fights etc are ever increasing there
Jadey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-08-2011, 01:57 PM
I never used to get any abuse off those types of youths as i had a large blue staffy and they all used to come over and ask me a million questions and tell me what a 'sick' dog i had

At one point when i took in some rescue dogs i walked down the street at 5'2 with Milo (the staffy) a Bullmastiff, a wolf breed (who came past my hip) and a tiny Patterdale terrier puppy, quite an odd mix i just usually got 'is it crufts?' comments the only people who gave me abuse were people with small dogs who didn't like the fact my 'dangerous' dogs were offlead
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2011, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post

I have had a guy 'act brave' jump out in front of us going 'big dobermann ooohh' whilst raising his hand (that had a bottle in it) the dog went mental and he fell into the fence oops

Also had a very burly looking drunk guy shout something crude, get no reaction, take a step towards me and see a dobe 'face to face' He suddenly went very quiet and toddled off. Amazing how quickly men can sober up
the thought of these idiots made me smile....
Maisiesmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-08-2011, 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post

LOL . I parked in the carpark at the park one afternoon and as I let the two terriers out of the car some lads started stamping their feet at them and trying to wind them up. Maisie started barking at them and backing off, so I let the dobe out of the car...

They disappeared very quickly.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2011, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by Maisiesmum View Post
LOL . I parked in the carpark at the park one afternoon and as I let the two terriers out of the car some lads started stamping their feet at them and trying to wind them up. Maisie started barking at them and backing off, so I let the dobe out of the car...

Love it!! I can just picture the scene
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2011, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by Blackie's Mum View Post
the thought of these idiots made me smile....
made me smile all the way home
Originally Posted by Maisiesmum View Post

Some people are just such numpties

I shouldn't really smile about this....but couldn't help it!

Lots of kids ask if he bites, say no and they think they have ultimate rights to all grab at his collar, pet him, speak loudly at his ears....so today I just couldn't be bothered with it, they said from behind "he's huge!" so when one said "does he bite?" (to which I normally answer "no he doesn't") I said ( as I turned, they were behind me - with a straight face) "yes" and turned and kept walking......I really shouldn't have but I am just fed up having to explain to other peoples children that he does not bite and asking if he bites does not mean you can touch him, and then why not....

so wrong but so very easy
Azz
Administrator
Male 

06-08-2011, 09:36 PM
Your main concern ought to be the dog's (and your own) safety - just do whatever you must to keep him and yourself safe, screw what they think. As C&D said, they have sad pathetic lives - they really aren't worth the bother.

I would consider finding somewhere else to walk or, find someone to walk with so you're not alone. Do any of your neighbours or friends have dogs? They probably feel the same way as you regarding these idiots.
Spaniel7
Dogsey Junior
Male 

06-08-2011, 11:22 PM
not really, i just have to cut down on the multiple short walks and go on fewer long and more rewarding walks. it just stuns me that a dog that barks at anything that passes by pulls cant even sit on command is "better" than a well behaving calm and contained CC is not. anyway need to forget about it thinking of joining a local dog walking group.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >