Our sister sites
Our sister sites
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 03:31 PM

Ipad

Hi folks,

I've been looking at getting an ipad for a while, just wondering what your experiences are with them? Do any of you use them for forums / social networking sites? Does typing get easier? Can i use it to put music onto my ipod or will i still need another laptop for that? I'm not great with new technology but i adore my ipod and love the look of all these new gadgets!
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2011, 01:43 PM
I've just upgraded to an iPhone, a free upgrade with my provider, wasn't sure how I would get on with it as I had a MacBook a while back and hated it and sold it within 2 weeks of getting it. But have to say I find the iPhone really easy to use, have also been looking at iPads, so will watch this thread with interest.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2011, 02:16 PM
Hi

My dad has one and I love it, however it doesn't do everything a laptop does so for me it's not enough. If you have a touchscreen phone such as an iPhone it's a fabulous big version of it but I don't think for me personally it wouldn't completely replace a laptop. Also it doesn't support adobe flash so can't watch tv programmer free on it etc depending on the supporting program.

Playing angry birds on it is fab though!!! Lol

I am thinking of a mac as a new laptop now as love my iPhone so much
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2011, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by crazycockers View Post
I've just upgraded to an iPhone, a free upgrade with my provider, wasn't sure how I would get on with it as I had a MacBook a while back and hated it and sold it within 2 weeks of getting it. But have to say I find the iPhone really easy to use, have also been looking at iPads, so will watch this thread with interest.
Ooo!! I really want an iphone, i have a blackberry which i love but its just not as shiny and magical as an iphone. When i was looking at getting my last phone the Iphone tarriffs were not very good, hoping they are better now, i think i'm due an upgrade soon

I've ordered an ipad now so i'll let you know how i get on with it once it arrives.

Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
Hi

My dad has one and I love it, however it doesn't do everything a laptop does so for me it's not enough. If you have a touchscreen phone such as an iPhone it's a fabulous big version of it but I don't think for me personally it wouldn't completely replace a laptop. Also it doesn't support adobe flash so can't watch tv programmer free on it etc depending on the supporting program.

Playing angry birds on it is fab though!!! Lol

I am thinking of a mac as a new laptop now as love my iPhone so much
Thats what i think too, it does say on the website that they are not a standalone computer and will need to be set up using another computer. We have a laptop too so i'm hoping this will just stop the arguments over the laptop
If i can get on the forums/ social networking sites and ebay i'm happy