Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
borderladysue
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-08-2010, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by angied View Post
thanks sue hope it all goes well for you, not sure about the b6 as i wont give her anything as she has cecs so wont try anything new on her in case it triggers an episode.

the thing about her being excitbakle makes so much sense as when i try and put her lead onher head shakies like a leaf so much so i sometimes think shes going off to have a cramping episode!!
No the B6 was just something to try with Alfie not suggesting anyone else should try with their dog, this is just to see if it brings his stress levels down.

And yes Wilbar you are absolutely right no two dogs are alike and what may work for one may be totally wrong for another i just meant general everyday stuff like to get alfie to drain some of his energy when i take him on the farm tracks get him to chase me on my bike (if we are walking off lead he tends to go no further than five yards infront of me, unless he see's a rabit then he will stop and check i am in sight) and as i DON'T run a bike is the best solution (i don't know how fast i will have to pedel though!! so i would never assume the advice i get will be what angied would need it wasnt intended that way. so sorry if thats how it came across.

suex
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-08-2010, 03:43 PM
sue,,... i like to hear what people are doing gives me ideas and as you say it may not work on all dogs but i read all suggestions then make my own mind uo so thank you for yur input and keep them coming as i am old enough and wise enough to make my own mind up
angie
borderladysue
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-08-2010, 04:19 PM
sue,,... i like to hear what people are doing gives me ideas and as you say it may not work on all dogs but i read all suggestions then make my own mind uo so thank you for yur input and keep them coming as i am old enough and wise enough to make my own mind up
angie
Hi angie, thanks, like you i like to hear the different ideas and suggestions and some are just great for alfie and some are not thats why i think this site is great. our prob with alfie is the opposite to yours in that when its time to go out he hides, this could be because his anxiety kicks in and he pre-empt's what could happen ie other dog contact.
And as for the chasing me on a bike thats because he has an eversion to excersise so never gets to release any excess energy (we had a thorough medical investigation before we embarked on this ie bloods, scans etc, absolutely nothing found, Ian our vet suggested it was psychological. don't even go there on the final vet bill!!!
i need psychological help now!) anyway am going to give the cycling a go with intermitent stops (allowing him to catch me with lots of praise and treats and although i am not an OLD HEN neither am i a SPRING CHICKEN so we will see who can go the fastest (me thinks alfie) and as i told my OH all bets as to how long befor i hit a pot hole and come of will be deemed VOID. thanks again for replying it IS nice to know you are not the only one with a troubled BT

suex
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-08-2010, 07:13 PM
lol sue ive done that before pot hole and bike! im faily lucky with lola as shes not bothered about exercise and when she does go for a run with the others she runs like the clappers to keep up but halfway on the walk shes knackered and we have tro come home ,shes not ill just runs way too fast to start with!
i look after another bt and he has a bad dislike for black labs and if he sees one i have to put him on a lead but he was attaked by one a year ago,
borderladysue
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-08-2010, 07:38 PM
lol sue ive done that before pot hole and bike! im faily lucky with lola as shes not bothered about exercise and when she does go for a run with the others she runs like the clappers to keep up but halfway on the walk shes knackered and we have tro come home ,shes not ill just runs way too fast to start with!
i look after another bt and he has a bad dislike for black labs and if he sees one i have to put him on a lead but he was attaked by one a year ago,
Hi angie just got back from our middle of no where walk took a friend with me and she was impressed with alfie's off lead walk until he saw A RABBIT!!! tried recall no go, so just thought "run little rabbit run, run like the wind" HE DID, Rabbit=1 Alfie=0 so it was back on long line and recall practice unfortuinatly never saw anymore rabbits so couldnt do posative recall, oh well, another day, another rabbit!!!! (Only joking).

suex
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-08-2010, 12:23 PM
oh no naughty alfie!! recall is the one thing lola is excellent at(the only thing!!) and if shes off lead just on her own with out the other 3 she walks to heel never leaves our side!
thwere was one time she never came back straight awa and i panicked in case she was having an episode(we are talking 2mins at the most this is) but she came back with a stick stuck in her side i oulled it iout thinking it was a bit of fern stuck to her furn but it was a stick embedded in her side! luckily it wasnt deep but that was why she hadnt come straigth back to the whistle!!
and by the way i have a springer thats 10 now and his recall is just getting there!!! so plenty of time to get it right lol
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3