View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-02-2005, 06:38 AM
Willowwisp - why did you remain so coy and evasive for so long about health testing? As eRaze pointed out, it was a legitimate question, politely asked. I am pleased hear you say that you do test, but I must confess that the tenor of your previous replies has made me rather sceptical.

I would suggest that, far from being an unfriendly site, the responses to your posts have been very courteous, thoughful, and restrained. I can think of several sites & mailing-lists, particulary breed specific ones, where what you have posted here would be met with such outrage and incredulity that you would not know what had hit you.

I am firm in my opinion it is wrong and irresponsible to breed white Boxers, but I am willing to read any rigorously tested research that may prove me wrong.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2005, 06:56 AM
Willowwisp, who is it sneering?

When it is you who bring a subject up you should expect others to reply and show interest in what you are saying. Of course, some are not going to agree with you or what you are doing but that is the nature of humanity and also the function of a discussion forum.

You say you have information that the practice is ethical and a sound practice, then why not let us know about it or tell us why this information, that is important to the dog world, is being kept secret. We are not sneering, just sceptical and I’m sure you can see why.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-02-2005, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by willowwisp
First of all I read somewhere that this is a friendly forum - I certainly dont think so and I daresay much to everyones relief [I say with much sarcasm] but especially ours, I wont be back after this post. My regret is in answering anyones post in the first place except the one that suggested a club for White Boxers.
If it wasnt for the fact that there are other friendly forums out there, it would put many off coming to these places, it must be shocking for new members. Some of you are most unpleasant individuals.
Hello and welcome to DW Willowisp I am saying hello here because I can' find any post from you in the 'introductions' where new members come to say hello and tell us about themselves, or in the picture section where we get to see their dogs, or in the chat sections where we get to know people and exchange information and advice...I can't actually find any post from you anywhere (though excuse me if I am wrong )except for the 4 threads on white boxers in the heated debates section You say this is an unfriendly forum...how do you know that when you have only posted in one small section on a big forum ? You won't find a more friendly forum than this one anwhere. Perhaps if you had posted in the other sections and got to know the people who posted here better you would think differently and would realise that people with a huge amount of experience in particular breeds who questiond you are not being sceptical but have a genuine interest and are enquiring to further their own knowledge.
I think very few new people who come to this site are shocked, except perhaps by the warm and friendly welcome they receive compared with other boards (where you are often totally ignored for weeks )
So please don't judge this board on a few posts in one section when you haven't bothered to get to know the rest of the board.
Best wishes Mini
PS..have just looked and can find only one other post from you that is not in heated debates and that is in 'Sport and tracking' !!!!
General comment
I have been following this debate on Boxers with a passing interest, I don't know much about them so am not really qualified to comment so forgive my ignorance on the subject, but I have always understood that the odd white boxer pup produced although very pretty really is an anomaly and should never be bred from under any circumstances as to do so would be perpetuating the anomaly and would therefore be detremental to the breed . My passing interest is due to the fact that white Mini Schnauzers are starting to appear and being requested by some people (sorry but they don't appeal to me at all) and I am concerned there may be problems in store for the breed with pigmentation, deafness and other issues that may not as yet be evident with so few specimens to observe and monitor
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3