Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2011, 07:37 PM

June is National Microchipping Month

Petlog, the UK’s largest pet microchipping and reunification database and sponsor of National Microchipping Month, has raised concerns about out of date owner contact information. To help speed up its pet reunification service, Petlog is offering customers the chance to check and amend their contact details online for free throughout June.

Normally, every time a person changes their details on a microchip database they are faced with a charge for doing so, as this is the main method of funding all UK databases. ]

Petlog hopes that by removing this charge for National Microchipping Month, pet owners will be encouraged to go online and check and amend their contact details, resulting in a comprehensive and accurate database which helps owners, vets and of course the pets themselves.

Venue: Nationwide.
Contact: For more information ring tel: 0844 4633 999 or visit www.petlog.org.uk/updatefree
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2011, 08:03 PM
I was just reading about this in one of the dog mags; good post SB.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2011, 08:14 PM
Yes thanks for posting this, one of mine is with Petlog, the other is with Petrac, both are up to date but it might remind others x
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2011, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the reminder, will need to update Ruperts once I get to Germany. I thought Petlog was free to update your info after the first time (which cost £10 when I did it) anyway?
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2011, 09:19 PM
Not only is it good for reminding to update details, when I took Sasi for 1st jabs the vet told me that microchipping was on offer throughout the month of June as Petlog are trying to get as many people interested in chipping their animals as possible due to an extremely high rise in figures of pets being found without any details. So if you havent got yours microchipped...get in touch with your vet & get it done while its on offer!!!

Bev
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2011, 09:28 PM
Thanks SB I will check Parker's and Crabbypants' details are correct (though do I really want Crabbypants back should she go missing? )
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2011, 09:55 PM
This is a great idea, but what's the point in having your pet chipped if the vet doesn't bother to check it?

Diesel is chipped.....He was done about 2 years ago, and in that time the vet hasn't scanned him once
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2011, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
This is a great idea, but what's the point in having your pet chipped if the vet doesn't bother to check it?

Diesel is chipped.....He was done about 2 years ago, and in that time the vet hasn't scanned him once
When I got my princess 2 yrs ago , the vet checked her chip..I didnt even know she was chipped, I then called & changed all the details.
Now everytime I visit the vet with my other dog Ruby they ask me if any details have changed...Maybe the vets are all different? I know mine are really hot on contact details for their system & the microchip system

Bev