Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2011, 01:06 PM

Changing microchip details

I took khal to be chipped a week or so ago thinking it hadn't been done. The vet scanned his back & bleep bleep occured. The vet wrote down his chip number & told me to call petlog to change the details.
I called petlog who said it wasnt their chip, I rang a couple of other companies finally finding it belongs to Anniebase.
The fella I spoke to on the phone said I have to write in to them with the chip details & a cheque for £6, they will then have to get in touch with the named person on the chip & get permission from them to change the details to mine
My question is what if the person named on the chip refuses to sign? Or even worse ddcides they want Khal back etc etc ...
I know Im probably being very silly but could it be a possibility?

Thanks Bev
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2011, 01:29 PM
What are the circumstances in you acquiring Khal? Did you obtain her from the owner the chip is registered to? Do you have any documents from the previous owner/rescue that you got her from?
Becky
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2011, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
What are the circumstances in you acquiring Khal? Did you obtain her from the owner the chip is registered to? Do you have any documents from the previous owner/rescue that you got her from?
Becky
ITs quite a long story...http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=145478 Khal is aka Mikey.
I have no paperwork on him at all. No the chip isnt registered to his last owner.

Bev
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2011, 01:56 PM
Hi Bev,

Max's chip is also registered with annibase. When I took him on and rang them to tell me that I was his new owner they also told me that they would write to the previous owners. They told me that they would give the previous owners a month to make contact, if they heard nothing, Max would automatically have his chip registered in my name. They told me that they would let me know if the previous owner's disputed it. It must have taken about a month before I got a letter from Annibase to say that Max's chip was registered to me. Not everyone lets the microchip companies know when they move so they may not even be able to contact his original owners. I know you have put up the link for the previous thread but there is 18 pages to read through (!). Do you think there will be a problem?
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2011, 02:15 PM
Thanks for that
Im hoping there wont be a problem, but they dont seem to be the most honest of people from what I've read I'm not meaning Koda btw, who started the thread I posted.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2011, 02:18 PM
Not sure how long ago they had your dog but they may no longer be living there. I was worried as well while I was waiting. It turned out ok for me, fingers crossed it will for you too.
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2011, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
Not sure how long ago they had your dog but they may no longer be living there. I was worried as well while I was waiting. It turned out ok for me, fingers crossed it will for you too.
Thankyou Maj, heres hoping they dont try anything stoopid...I'd fight til the death for that laddy of mine
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2011, 04:22 PM
Well if he's not on the database as being lost or stolen then you are probably OK but the month wait will be a long one!!
Becky
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2011, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Well if he's not on the database as being lost or stolen then you are probably OK but the month wait will be a long one!!
Becky
Will it ever be a long one, god help anyone that tries to say he is lost or stolen I know that much