Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
skjerstad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2007, 10:31 PM

Evening walk

Well I would post a photo of the walk I took the girls on at half 8 this evening, but it was pitch dark!!!
Yes I know your supposed to go walking when it's light but we had a kind of funny day where time just got away from us.
So, off I set with the girls, head torch on and dog whistle around the neck.
It was quite good fun, I took them on a walk they know really well, the thinking was that they would be more confident in the dark if it smelt familiar.

The route takes us along below the airport, between the edge of it and the sea. So no street lights or anything like that. A couple of times I stopped and turned out my light, stood totally still and waited.
It took about 10 seconds for the girls to realise they needed to come find me. They wrapped themselves round my legs and nudged up against me, so they got a comforting scratch and on went my light and we continued.
Only took about an hour but I gave myself a fright a couple times thinking that there was a boggey man in some of the ditches!! lol
Anyway, thats the story of my slightly strange walk. I know not everyone could do this, I'm very lucky I live in a safe part of the world.
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-01-2007, 08:35 PM
Sounds great skjerstad,i often walk Ossie late at night.Sometimes we venture into the local wood in the dark and if i have my headlight i sometimes catch the deer running across the paths,we have also seen badgers,its brilliant seeing the wildlife at night.Ossie stays on the lead though,so no danger of him hurting or being hurt by the wildlife.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-01-2007, 02:57 PM
I like walking my in the dark, i have taking pictures before but never very good. this one of skye cracks me up though
skjerstad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2007, 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
I like walking my in the dark, i have taking pictures before but never very good. this one of skye cracks me up though
That made me laugh, it's so true, you can only see these glowing spots as they run back and forth around you.
lol
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-01-2007, 06:26 PM
It's even more eerie when you have two blue-eyed dogs, especially when both are putting on that "No! It's more interesting out here, you boring old f**t" look!

Snorri
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-01-2007, 07:30 PM
Sounds like fun.... laughing here at Stormey... great pic
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2007, 08:50 PM
Oh, me too - even Baz is giggling at the fab pic. Of course, it could be the beast of Bodmin Moor - we only have your word that it's Skye....
*cue spooky music*
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2007, 08:19 PM
Bit of a late reply to this thread....but anyway....

I discovered last week, when time had escaped me and I needed to take Blue out for her evening road walk, that she is absolutely terrified of the dark!!! She never used to be when I used to walk her in the pitch black fields, but I think that was because my OH and my other 2 dogs were with her! But every single shadow, or dark driveway she went nuts at!!!

It probably didn't help that everytime she barked I jumped a mile....!
I'm also scared of the dark! hee hee!