Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2005, 10:15 PM

Get well wishes for my dying baby...

Ok.... some of you may know about our poorly Ratclyffe - well we have finally managed to get some photos of her - and I have to fight hard not to cry over them... she really is in such a state. She's been on steroids and baytril now for over a month - and it doesn't appearto be doing anything - but vet said it could well be what's keeping her alive. If anyone has ANY advice - even homeopathic - please tell us your thoughts. She is so sick - and i am so frightened for her.

Just to say that this is likely the product of extremely bad breeding. If you live in or around Leeds - please avoid [Moderator edit: name removed. Please do not name people publicly] like the plague. The chap there breeds his own rats to sell in his shop - and he was trying to get hairless rats - by breeding rexes. Ratclyffe and sister Chloe, came from a tank of 20+ rats all related - all various ages - allowed to breed at will. Let this be a lesson to anyone who thinks that breeding just to see cute babies, is a dangerous pastime.

Anyway... Karl and I were both hoping that there was something that could be done for ratclyffe - though she moves like a snake - slithering almost... and it's horrible to see - i will try and get a video when I have better light - maybe tomorrow. However - it's looking bleak. She can't see at all really, and does nothing much except hover, perching on things, and she eats now and again... anyway - i'm rambling - and this post is too long already... i'm just heartbroken...

Sorry about the large number of pics - but I thought that the more pics the better anyone can help us.

and... just a cute one of the day we got her - because I miss the old ratclyffe...

Ratclyffe is on top - and the buff cap rex on the bottom is sister Chloe.

Thanks for looking

xx
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2005, 10:35 PM
Poor Ratclyffe

*hugs*
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2005, 10:42 PM
The poor baby.
So sorry.
:smt052 :smt052 :smt052
mari
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-10-2005, 10:50 PM
awww god help the poor little thing
so sorry cant help I know absolutely nothing about rats
Marie
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2005, 10:54 PM
thank you for the replies - it's a hard one. She's had xrays etc - and they showed in excess of 10 cannonball lesions on her lungs and heart and chest cavity. i really don't think she's going to pull through this - and we are going to the vet again tomorrow hopefully if she looks any worse - and try a new drug - Draxxin, if the vet has access to it. Other than that - I think we may well have to have her PTS to end her suffering... would you believe the poor baby is only a year old...

I am so cut up about this...

xx
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2005, 10:58 PM
aww bless im so sorry
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-10-2005, 11:03 PM
Sorry to see your little one in such a poorly way Zoundz Do you think she is still finding pleasure in life? If not .....
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-10-2005, 11:07 PM
That`s sad
nichola
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-10-2005, 11:38 PM
Oh this is so sad your poor baby i'll say a little prayer for her.
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

10-10-2005, 12:30 AM
oh no poor Ratclyffe

I'm sending lots of positive thoughts your way
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >