Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
I know your pain....I have a very 'odd' toe at the moment and can not bend it...compliments of Billybobs big feet

I wish you all the best on your new adventure, Im sure you will enjoy.... remember the ladders when grooming Lots of Best wishes from us xxxxxxx
aww thanks like i said its still in planning, and wont be until i get back from spain, but i will be working enough there time will fly by and when i come back i shall hopefully have my "not so" little shire baby
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 07:38 PM
I adore Shires and Clydesdales, and when first looking into getting my own horse I was quite keen on one of those breeds. However, I think their sheer size equalling cost of feed, shoes, rugs, tack etc etc put me off in the end. Everything is harder to get hold of (tack wise) and is more expensive.

As has already been said, they are also very big, so think about how you are going to get on and off when out hacking in the countryside (if that is what you intend on doing)

I ended up with a very sturdy and workmanlike Highland mare - who is a bit like a heavy horse but smaller and more affordable

I do have a couple of fab piccies of a Clydesdale being ridden side-saddle at the Highland show last year ... so will dig them out

If you do go ahead, then we will want lots of piccies of course
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 08:50 PM
Here is the stunning Clydie

And the Highlands, just for good measure

Ravenwood
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-03-2011, 12:54 AM
I'm not really into draught horses but if I were to get one it would be an ID. I currently have an ID x TB and don't forget that the draught cross TB is the "original" warmblood

I am only short but am athletic enough (even at my age) to get on my horse from the ground which is invaluable out hacking and hunting if you have to get off to do a gate and to be quite honest I don't think I would ever get a horse that I couldn't mount from the ground. But hey, not many people can do that on a shire!!

I simply couldn't cope with all that hair! I like to clip off/pull everything I can.

But if you do get one - I am really looking forward to the photos
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2011, 08:40 AM
ooh mooblie those pictures are great

we will see what happens, it wont be until i get back from spain but i really do want one, i love the heavy horses i think that for their size they are just so elegant and gentle
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2011, 08:47 AM
Personally, although the heavys are pretty. In my day Id much rather have had an Anglo, or Arab.

Once I have finished having children, I do plan to get back into horses (along with the move somewhere cheaper than Kent!)
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3