Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-09-2021, 08:18 AM

Morning 11/09/21

Good morning everyone not to bad a day weather wise.
Hard to think 21 years since the terrible atrocity that was 9/11 I will never forget that day as I am sure many others won't either.

Dillon slept a little better last night we got till 1.45 am, Gorden got up and Dillon did his usual lie beside the sofa and go back to sleep. Then slept till 4 went in the garden till 5 then back in and settled till around 7 when I surfaced.
I gave him a few ounces of food around 8.30 wondering if that helped.

Michael is 80 today so popping round later with his gift and card, won't stay long Margaret is quite unwell.

Hoping everyone is safe and keeping well today.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2021, 11:28 AM
Happy birthday Michael!! Bless, poor Margaret....I know she won't get better but wishing her brighter days Lynn. Good boy Dillon
Dad took his car to a garage Wednesday....we stopped using the guy as every time he went in with a car, within 2 weeks it was needing to go back and a huge bill followed.... needless to say, what a shock! Phone call from my mum ...can I call the rac! They are in Devon...I don't know where anywhere is in Devon, they are in a car park, luckily I remembered....I had installed what3words on my dad's phone!!! He gave me the 3 words, I found him and managed to log a breakdown with the rac, Hopefully it will be an easy fix!
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2021, 01:05 PM
Good afternoon Lynn Kelly and all who follow

Happy Birthday to Michael. Hope Dillonnow settles into a better sleep pattern for you both.

Oh dear Kelly hope your dad's car is easily fixed. Reminds me of the time my parents were in Cornwall and their car broke down. I was asked to chase the part up near me and then take it to Paddington station to catch the night train down so that the garage had it in the morning. Fortunately my boss was very considerate, helped me locate it and let me leave early to get it to the station.

It has turned into a nice day after being overcast this morning. Teazle has had two walks, meat pies made and in the freezer, more beans picked and frozen. Have to be at Ben's house tomorrow morning by 7.30 to wait for an Ikea delivery between 7.30and 11.30. It is for flat pack wardrobes so may try and get as many as possible assembled whilst there. They have to go in four rooms. Also will be interest to see how much work has been done this week.

Hope all are well. Take care.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2021, 01:17 PM
Wow had to check that date and yep 20 years ago. I remember watching it on the tv and being so very upset buy it all. Lets hope nothing ever happens like it again. Been to Worthing Steyne Gardens this morning for a food and drinks festival in the open air. Lovely to get out and about. Harry Potter on again at long last tomorrow evening. So I am a happy bunny. Not a Zebra. LOL!! Kelly I can think of three words but not repeatable. bg!!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2021, 01:19 PM
Well, the rac have arrived, apparently it's coming out as the injector again....all were replaced in November, he then said coil packs, they were also replaced in November
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2021, 02:29 PM
Good afternoon all.

Mad Gary day. A plumber was supposed to turn up today and didn't. Gary had to rearrange a hair cut appointment to wait for said plumber. Apparently I'm rubbish because I can't phone plumber (no number) and housing association and care manager not available until Monday. The flat is also rubbish and he will move.

A lot of this is fuelled by his new deaf friend so a lot more to come I'm guessing.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2021, 02:46 PM
Hi everyone, you have all been busy. Guess what my landlady has been and has promised to upgrade my heating system which at the moment is pretty useless night storage heaters. She didn't mention the number of tanks Steve has but I did say if all goes well with his lady love he may be moving in with her come Christmas or New Year. I wont hold my breath though.

Enjoy the rest of your day and stay safe everyone. God bless.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2021, 02:56 PM
Omg Chris.....deep breaths. It's lovely Gary has is friend but hmmmmmm, little bit of a trouble maker I think. I may be reading a bit too much into things here, but she seems to like to cause trouble between you both, blocking you on messenger, removing the camera, now apparently you are the devil incarnate because you can't contact the plumber.
Moyra, would you be happy staying there on your own or would you be happy to move to somewhere better suited to your needs.
Well, the car is going on a recovery truck....I am to accept the car but nobody knows when it's coming, today.... tomorrow?? Who knows. Apparently the rac have emailed me the diagnostic stuff....errrm nope, not got it yet, my mechanic is coming this week. Mum and dad have to find their way back but luckily they have onward travel so should hopefully be able to get a hire car and come back, mums throwing a right paddy and I told her to stop being a brat and dad's not done it deliberately...that didn't go down well lol
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2021, 03:35 PM
I'm always the devil incarnate, Kelly. The problem is that Gary is really impressionable. He complains, she agrees and the bomb goes off.

Don't get me wrong., this isn't the first time workmen have failed to turn up, but whereas we would grumble and move on, his condition means that everything is a thousand times worse than it is and his irritability is taken out on me simply because I haven't got a magic wand.

He'll calm down over the next few days and I'll be back in the good books again for a few hours
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-09-2021, 03:56 PM
Good afternoon all back from our visit.

Sue another busy day today and same again tomorrow it looks like.
griff goodness glad the car is on the way back, what a nightmare though.
brenda yes 20 years I remember catching it on the news thought it was a trailer for an action movie to begin with. Horrifying don't think those scenes will ever leave me.
Glad your programme is coming back on for you.
Chris can't do right for doing wrong. Hoping Gary settles down soon and is more reasonable for you.
Moyra good news about the heating being upgraded. It would be nice for you if Steve did move in with his girlfriend so you could have your space back or possibly move.

Off to get the washing in n icely dired and aired.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >