Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2021, 06:59 AM

Daily Thread Tuesday 7th September 2021

Morning all
Last morning of walking Molly for me today. Just about to get up and sort the dogs out and get a coffee and head off
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2021, 07:51 AM
Morning Kelly and all to come. Being very lazy this morning and not been for a walk. Going to brave Asda again and buy some more flowers. The roses that I bought two weeks ago have lost their niceness so going to get some more. I like flowers around me. Have a good day everyone. Off to Hayleys this afternoon for a couple of hours and then back for a late evening Tesco delivery. Bye for now.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-09-2021, 08:52 AM
Morning griff, brenda and all who follow.
Lovely day again today.
Off to vets later to pick up the Vivitonin get a bit of shopping and an 80th Birthday gift for Michael who is 80 on Saturday. We will pop over over to deliver it. If we stay it won't be for long or it may just be a knock and drop off situation Margaret is quite unwell.

griff we have never had the bottle to be without insurance either, but it just seems we pay for most things now rather than claiming. I am guessing if we claimed for a blood test it would cost us the £95 excess which is probably more than the blood test itself then we may well be charged the 20% we have to pay for any claim. It would be a claim after all so my logic guesses we would pay ? We will have a chat with Katherine at the end of the month I am sure she will know for definite and whether we should consider keeping it going or cancelling.
Enjoy your walk with Molly.
brenda I love fresh cut flowers to they cheer you up don't they ? enjoy lunch.

Hope everyone is well today.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2021, 09:11 AM
Good morning all

Been out with Gert and having a nice day.

Brenda I got four bunches of flowers yesterday first in a long time actually Lilies in the porch give lovely scent, two different colours of spray carnations as well and added green pompom chrysanthemum as almost a filler flower. How's your daughters new pup getting on and what did she choose as a name?

Lynn I think like my thinking would be not keeping the insurance means you accept/admit/dread he will not be with you for long. Hugs whatever you do is right.

Griff Are you having a tattoo or is it for Steve?

Chris Hoe you are having a lovely walk minus visitors

Moyra Good morning and how is the courtship getting on?

Sue Busy again today I imagine hope all is going well.

Catch you all later
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-09-2021, 09:32 AM
Morning Kazz yes that is exactly what we are thinking.
Plus everything we are claiming for now is not covered by his insurance mostly joint related. So paying as much in medication as we do on insurance so in effect paying twice.
Lots of other possible issues but all requiring possible invasive action which we are not sure we would go forward with due to age and joint issues so is it now a false economy ? The Vivitonin not a joint related drug and is cheaper than the excess, the Zylkene I can shop around for as it is not a prescription drug. His kidneys may in the future need help but our vet was making noises that really it is which takes him first and at the moment it looks like the deterioration of the joints are in first place.
I think we are finding it hard to admit he is struggling now.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2021, 09:41 AM
Well I have been and bought my roses from Asda. Cream ones as they didn't have any other colours.Took me ages to get there because I bumped into someone I hadn't seen for years. This lady came to us for training with her spaniel called Suki, who sadly has gone now but she has a new puppy called Ebony. A black cocker spaniel. 14 weeks and so lovely. Talked for ages with her. It is very warm out now so just hope Hayley has some shade to sit in. Bye all.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2021, 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Well I have been and bought my roses from Asda. Cream ones as they didn't have any other colours.Took me ages to get there because I bumped into someone I hadn't seen for years. This lady came to us for training with her spaniel called Suki, who sadly has gone now but she has a new puppy called Ebony. A black cocker spaniel. 14 weeks and so lovely. Talked for ages with her. It is very warm out now so just hope Hayley has some shade to sit in. Bye all.
Awww how nice for you to meet up with an old friend, and to have a pup in toe as well bonus. I like cream roses.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2021, 10:59 AM
Good morning everyone

Like you Lynn I have always insured my dogs but have considered cancelling for Teazle as having been refused cover for her emergency pyo op (as vet had advised me 2 years earlier to get her spayed to prevent this), paid for her teeth to be cleaned and any that needed to be removed I wonder what I am left to get cover for! As she is otherwise healthy I am hesitant to do so incase of need in her old age as she will be 12yrs next month. You must do what you think best

How nice to catch up with a friend and her new pup Brenda hope you manage to get some nice flowers too.

Get some rest now Kelly while you have the chance.

Enjoy your day Kazz

Yep busy again this morning. At Ben's house by 8.00am again to meet the delivery of floor tiles, then home to go to the library and to cut the hedge outside the lounge window Also iron two loads of bedding I put out when I got up. Now cooking lunch.

Hope all are well. Take care
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-09-2021, 03:49 PM
brenda the cream roses sound lovely and nice to meet a friend and a bonus a new pup to meet to.
Gosh Sue I do not how you do it, think we need to start calling you Super Sue.
Gosh that's a nightmare regards Teazle's insurance at least we have been able to claim for some things just annoying not for the ongoing joint issues.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2021, 04:33 PM
Kazz, not me for the tattoo... it's a Christmas present for Steve, my tattooist is very very popular so will end up getting it done before then.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >