Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2021, 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Good afternoon all

You will be able to rest for a bit Kelly even though you will miss Molly

Hope you find what you want Lynn

Busy morning again. Ben had a message from the builders last night could he meet the electrian and 8.00 am this morning so left home at 7.30 and got back at 9.45 as Ben had work. Changed two beds and washed one lot. The other is waiting until I change one more bed and will wash them overnight to put out tomorrow. Just the ironing to do this afternoon and then take Paul home the evening.

Hope all are well. The care.
Superwoman strikes again. Do you think you would be as hands on if you had daughters?
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2021, 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Lynn, yes I am tired ..I will still see Molly before I go back to walk her...maybe Monday
Oh dear Barry.... These things happen
Had a lovely walk with Molly, fair weather walkers were about though so we stayed well back... woman shouting for the dogs, no response, tooting on a whistle.....nothing, shouldn't have been off the lead really.
Sounds good day for Griff
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2021, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Lynn, yes I am tired ..I will still see Molly before I go back to walk her...maybe Monday
Oh dear Barry.... These things happen
Had a lovely walk with Molly, fair weather walkers were about though so we stayed well back... woman shouting for the dogs, no response, tooting on a whistle.....nothing, shouldn't have been off the lead really.
Sounds good day for Griff
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-09-2021, 04:51 PM
Just had a bit of a meltdown regards cancelling Dillon's insurance but thinking about it we are not pulling the plug on his meds for his joints we pay for those out of our own pocket already, it's just if anything major went wrong again but as we said we wouldn't put him through anymore anaesthetics he took a lot longer to recover from his last one a couple of months ago when he had the tumour off his paw.
Anything now is palliative for him given his age and his legs will get worse not better, it's getting use to not having the back up of insurance I guess we have for all our dogs but never had one get to an age where we are now and with these problems.
It's admitting we are at a point where there is not much more we can do than doing already.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2021, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Just had a bit of a meltdown regards cancelling Dillon's insurance but thinking about it we are not pulling the plug on his meds for his joints we pay for those out of our own pocket already, it's just if anything major went wrong again but as we said we wouldn't put him through anymore anaesthetics he took a lot longer to recover from his last one a couple of months ago when he had the tumour off his paw.
Anything now is palliative for him given his age and his legs will get worse not better, it's getting use to not having the back up of insurance I guess we have for all our dogs but never had one get to an age where we are now and with these problems.
It's admitting we are at a point where there is not much more we can do than doing already.

Awwwwwwwwwwww massive hugs
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2021, 05:20 PM
Lynn for what it's worth I never had insurance for any of my dogs just put the equivalent away each month. Well worth doing.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-09-2021, 06:11 PM
In the beginning brenda for all his x-rays, hydro from a puppy, mri scans after his x-rays to confirm elbow dysplasia the bloat operation which consisted of 2 emergency ops in 12 hours then the op recently regards the tumour on his paw with all the will in the world we couldn't of put enough away monthly to cover any of those costs. Especially in the beginning when Gorden was made redundant.
He has £10,000 worth of insurance at the moment which isn't really needed now but when he was a puppy and as mentioned above we did not have to worry as the amount he was covered for meant we could go ahead with anything that came his way without worrying.

The size of these dogs anaesthetic alone can cost an arm and a leg.

Thank you for the hugs.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2021, 09:12 PM
Bless you Lynn, I never had the bottle to cancel my insurance...tbf, I don't have an income of any independent means... I still owe my mum £1000 from 2000 lol that was for the cats amputation ( I am guessing she has realised she's not going to get it lol) as long as you feel comfortable covering the cost of antibiotics, blood tests pain relief etc.... it's such a flipping dilemma
Been in touch with my tattooist to see if he still does vouchers. ..he does, bless him.....he has reduced his rate for me! I know fine well I paid £140 for a 2 hour sitting before, he has quoted me £100 for 2 hours....bless him...that makes my Christmas a little easier
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2