Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2021, 06:52 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday, 26th August, 2021

Good morning all, have a good day and stay safe and well.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2021, 08:14 AM
Morning all
Just at the vets with deags...first time since practice renovation...very posh! Marble reception, lovely bench outside
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2021, 11:19 AM
All good at the vets...I had a word about the new vets...he was shocked but needs names so he can find out who is saying they don't want to treat the animals anymore...I said I would ask if it's o.k to pass on the names
Steve is Panic shopping....his half sister is getting married tomorrow....he tried his suit trousers on, they don't fit lol....he is a nightmare with shopping at the best of times, we don't have many decent men's suit shops now Debenhams have gone... Burton likewise, of course he could have ordered online and would have probably found something he really liked...but typically last minute Steve! I have told him he has to get a tie even if he just wears it for the photos...I don't want him looking a scruff in the photos lol
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2021, 11:44 AM
Good afternoon all.

The youngsters stayed with us last night and came into town for breakfast with us. It's the biggest risk we've taken since the start of the pandemic, but so lovely to see my lovely granddaughter.

It's like the start of winter here. Cold, windy and on and off rain. Awful.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2021, 12:26 PM
Awwww Chris, pleased you got to see her..... everyone had to take that first step to getting back to life, I managed to get my mum out for a meal with her friend.... she's barely left the house for 18 months, I am still hesitant over who touches me, very firm about hugs and who can and can't hug me lol. I will be very close to a fireman Saturday but I assume they all have to have lateral flow tests for work so hopefully I will be o.k
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2021, 01:33 PM
They're not quite 18 yet so unvaccinated and that was the worry, but I know they've been careful throughout. They don't go drinking so pubs aren't a risk for them.

Fingers crossed, all will be well
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2021, 02:45 PM
Good afternoon everyone

How lovely for you Chris to have your granddaughter stay nd go with you for breakfast. If they have been careful everything should be ok, after all we all take a chance just by going out.

Pleased all ok at the vets Kelly.

Different day for me today. Out early with Ben to look at floor tiles as the ones he had seen and liked are now out of stock until middle/late October. Found some and reserved so builders told and they will get them ordered and delivered. Also went to the house to meet the Project Manager. Had a good discussion and he explained some things that we had not understood in the final quote so all is now well and on track to start moving doors and doing the electrics and plumbing. All being well they will start next week properly inside and out so should see a big difference by next weekend.

Hope all are well. Take care
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2021, 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
The youngsters stayed with us last night and came into town for breakfast with us. It's the biggest risk we've taken since the start of the pandemic, but so lovely to see my lovely granddaughter.
Do you know what this is one of the nicest upbeat posts I've read. So pleased for you all
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-08-2021, 04:42 PM
Evening everyone.
Windy and drizzly again today. Did manage to get some washing dry in between the drizzle.
Beds made up ready for Michael and Maca who are arriving late tomorrow night.
What a stressful evening last night and day today trying to get these pcr tests booked that you do not need a mortgage for,
The Stanstead one will be shut by the time they land and go through.
The websites are confusing so no help really.
Michael found one in Cambridge and he rang today all booked for Saturday. Gorden was going to drive them in early they would of had breakfast and a wander round Cambridge.
So back to the Peterborough one booked for midday. Means they lose some time seeing Mark, Lauren and Freya on Saturday they are coming to us but we have all day Sunday we are over to Mark and Lauren's to celebrate Marks 40th.
Michael is usually on the ball but he read an article stating border checks were not going ahead it was a leak apparently and they have not long returned home from a 2 week break in the motor home then a week with Maca's family in a rented house in Cadiz.
Anyway all sorted more money for them and a lot of stress but we got there in the end.

griff glad to hear vets went well and they will look into your worry.
That's lovely Chris. we can't wait to see Michael and Maca like you 18 months almost since we last saw them.
Glad the project managing is going well Sue.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2021, 05:04 PM
Really really chuffed for everyone getting to catch up with family..... finally!! Even if it's somewhat complicated
My firestick is being a complete nob! Been messing with it for 2 hours...give up, going to buy a new one! Pain in the bum
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >