View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2006, 12:07 PM

Puppies Have Arrived (Labradors - 1 day old!!)

Chloe's puppies are here. She had a caesarian at 2am She was also spayed at the same time so she's a little tender and sleepy but doing very well. She was a bit slow coming aorund from the anaesthetic so she had to stay in til 9am but she is back home now with her 5 beautiful babies. Chloe had 4 boys (2 black and 2 chocolate) and a lovely black girl. We will be keeping the girl They're big healthy babies, the boys weighed between 17 and 18.5 oz and the girl was 15oz

Here's a few pics. My camera is awful so they haven't come out too well but we didn't want to pester mum or pups too much!

Puppies

Boys

This is the girl, who we will be keeping

The two chocolate boys

No pics of the black boys as they wouldn't stay still and they came out blurry!! But here's a couple of chloe with her babies

sam1984
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-10-2006, 12:10 PM
Aww bless! They are soooo cute:smt007
Mum looks very tired out bless her in the last photo
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

14-10-2006, 12:34 PM
So Glad the litter has arrived safely and that Chloe is recovering from the birth and being spayed. . Puppies are lovely Hope you find nice homes for them all except the little girl who is staying with you . Good luck
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-10-2006, 12:44 PM
Congratulations on the new arrivals, gorgeous :smt007
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2006, 02:00 PM
Congratulations! My vet wouldn't spay Daisy 7.1/2 weeks ago when she had her last litter by c-section, said the risks were too great of heavy bleeding, so we're taking her back in a few months time to be spayed. Seems silly really to have to be opened up twice but if there was any risk, no matter how small we didn't want to take it.

Pups look nice and chunky! Daisy's milk dried up within 24 hours of having her c-section so I had to hand rear her 5 babies, but they all turned out great and start leaving me this weekend.
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2006, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the replies!

The puppies are little pigs, they have hardly stopped feeding since they got home! Chloe doesn't mind though as she gets to CLEAN them! She was the same with her last litter, always making sure they (and their box!!) were clean, she's such a good mum!!

She's getting around fine now, i think she was just a bit drowsy this morning!

The vet was happy to spay Chloe at the same time to avoid her having to have another anaesthetic. They didn't mention anything about heavy bleeding, i wonder if its because of the size difference of the breeds and difficulty of operating on them or something?

Chloe had Caesarian last time and was fine with feeding them and stuff so hopefully she will be this time too! We have puppy milk on standby if not though lol!
Hiya boi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-10-2006, 09:41 AM
Congrats on your new arrivals
Lovely pups