View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2004, 12:48 PM
animals either dead or alive shouldnt be on ebay, thats what really wrong as sall said
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2004, 12:49 PM
IMO, if people are interested in Taxidermy, why don't they privatly sell instead of putting it up on an auction site.

That's the bit that gets me. If I saw a stuffed GSD head, I think I'd react the same way.
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2004, 12:50 PM
Exactly the same if i saw a lab one
Whiz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-11-2004, 12:52 PM
Whoever placed that item on e-bay needs there head looking at ( pardon the pun )

However i dont find taxidermy discusting as long as the animal had passed away, rather than being killed/culled for that purpose, now thats what makes it discusting!
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2004, 12:53 PM
i find it disrepectful to the animal , whether it has died naturally or not, but again thats my opinion
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by WhizGirl
Whoever placed that item on e-bay needs there head looking at ( pardon the pun )

However i dont find taxidermy discusting as long as the animal had passed away, rather than being killed/culled for that purpose, now thats what makes it discusting!
Dont get me wrong I dont really agree with it benig flogged on Ebay but I dont find taxidermy in itself sick or disgusting as like WG and like I said in an earlier post I too dont mind it as long as the animal wasnt killed for the purpose of the "piece".

Now I am sure taxidermy on humans is illegal but what about mummies? Isnt that a type of this in a way? Not that I would do that in this country mind lol.

laura
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by WhizGirl
I totally agree Whizz. I think the fact that it was a head, and not the whole thing, makes it even more of a shock. This animal was mutilated after death, to make someone else happy

Originally Posted by Whizzgirl

Whiz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-11-2004, 12:59 PM
Opinions we are entitled to

However i wasnt going to bin perhaps thousands of pounds worth of items i inherited from my grandmother, just because i didnt like them, or other people were offended by looking at them.

Right or wrong of me i kept them as they belonged to my grandmother, whom i was very close to.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4