View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kirsty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-11-2004, 08:59 AM
I know for a fact that living animals aren't allowed to be sold on Ebay, although i think there is the occasion where 1 or 2 may do.

I did a search for it but couldn't find it.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2004, 09:22 AM
If you see any living animals it is very easy to report them to ebay and they take it very seriously and remove them as soon as they can.
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2004, 10:14 AM
kirsty you wont find it now cos its been sold!!
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2004, 10:42 AM
how much did it sell for? im suprised no one had reported it to ebay?

Altho i have reported several people to ebay for selling copied videos and dvds since they are not allowed but nothing ever happened probably cos ebay couldnt prove it as the people selling them were sellling them as real copies!

Does anyone know what happened to that listing about those puppies that were on ebay asking to be named. but turned out the guy was selling em?
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2004, 11:37 AM
Okay I am aware its not everybody's cup of tea so to speak but it can prove important too, for example there are stuffed bulldogs from the early part of last century and late 1800s they can prove invaluable to breed students and those trying to recreate the breed.

As long as the animal wasnt killed to make the final piece I cant see a problem with that each to their own thats what I say its not live so theres no cruelty (as long as it wasnt killed for the piece), taxidermy is a hobby of some people just like swimming or fishing is others.

Like the old saying goes if you dont like it dont look at it . Just because its one persons idea of disgusting doesnt mean that somebody else may not find it interesting, it doesnt make them sick either.

Laura
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2004, 11:56 AM
I think we'll have to agree to differ here laura in my opinion it is sick full stop!!
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2004, 12:03 PM
Whist true some early taxidermy is educational in these days when we have wonderful photography and video etc we really don't need it IMO.
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2004, 12:17 PM
Okay Candie suits me Like i said each to their own.

Well as well as educational Wiggle some people just like it as a hobby you know like swimming or fishing, so you say we dont really need it but what hobbies do we really need? Its not fair for those who enjoy it as a hobby, have spent their lives studying it or make their living from it to say that there is no need for it.

Laura
Whiz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-11-2004, 12:27 PM
I inherited some stuffed animals after my grandmother passed most of which were birds, although there was a fox, now these items date back to the late 1800`s i dont find them sick, although i must admit i dont like them very much, hence the reason they are stored in the attic
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by WhizGirl
I inherited some stuffed animals after my grandmother passed most of which were birds, although there was a fox, now these items date back to the late 1800`s i dont find them sick, although i must admit i dont like them very much, hence the reason they are stored in the attic
I guess lots of you wouldnt have liked my house years ago lol. As a kid we lived on a farm in a huge house and had stuffed foxes; badgers; deer heads you name it we had it - funnily enough it never scared me as a kid like you would expect.

laura
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >