register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-02-2016, 01:57 PM
Mandy, so glad to hear Tony is OK and work is doing the decent thing by him, lovely to hear there are still employers out there who are human beings and have feelings. Horrid about Liam and Sarah's burglary, makes me so cross, because it'll be all about getting a couple of quid together for a fix, then onto the next victim for the next fix and so on.
I think son has made his decision now, he has covered all eventualities, and I understand how he feels, if he doesn't make the jump now, then he'll never get another chance. It'll be a few months anyway before anything actually happens, he gets his end of year bonus on Monday and he is starting his other job with his present company very soon and then he'll put everything into place as he goes along and make the move when its ready to go.
Lots of bones this week, maybe suggesting I collected another day if there weren't that many, worked. Or maybe its because the man in charge was off sick and is back now and they were chucking it all out or someone else was getting them.
Great that you have new batteries on Blue, and that you are going to make sure you have regular outings so as to keep everything running smoothly, Moyra
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2016, 02:24 PM
June, glad you got lots of bones, just hope all works out for your son. Glad things worked out for Tony too. My only problem now is getting blue in and out over the door ways. I have a ramp for getting over the kerb drop outside but the doorways are the main problem.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2016, 03:11 PM
Glad you got lots of bones for the girls, and that your son has made his decision.
Moyra is there anyway way you could get a ramp for the doorway or maybe somewhere under cover to store it outside your door ?
I best get ready for work, see you all later
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2016, 03:28 PM
Pleased that blue is sorted now you just have to get it out the door. I thought you had ramps made for it.

Good to hear that Tony's firm have done the decent thing and sorted everything out.

Obviously changing days has worked with regard to the number of bones and long may it continue June. Hope everything goes as planned for your son June - a very difficult decision he has had to make.

Short sharp hail shower just after we got in. Fortunately I had just got the washing in. Had a lovely lunch out and also got the wire I need to fill in the holes at the bottom of our fences before adding a little depth to some of them with some of the wood we have saved.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-02-2016, 03:46 PM
Here you are Moyra
http://www.careco.co.uk/item-s-ms090...OFrxoC2T3w_wcB
Been out and sorted girls out. Everywhere hosed down, clean bedding, fresh water etc. A raw carrot each before I went in.
I think I'll put the heatlamps on full, its going to be well below freezing here tonight, have set them for half, but will change them when I go out with teas, they have enormous meaty bones that should keep them quiet virtually till the morning
Sue, I just said to them about changing days, never actually changed it, that seemed to be enough to get their thought processes moving. Everywhere is full of girly food now, their chicken breasts, white fish and drumsticks have now found their way into my freezer as was inevitable I suppose
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2016, 03:51 PM
No Sue just the ramp to get it from the floor level to the car park level which is a kerb lower. We have the two gazebo over the patio but they are not weather proof in winter because of the high winds and bad weather we have had and have more to come. Once spring is here blue can go out onto the patio and it will be easier for me to use her as she will be secure within the garden locked gated area. I would then only need to put the ramp down to get off the kerb.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2016, 03:57 PM
Thanks June, have looked at them before but unfortunately I sent for one and had to return it as it was too long and my front step is very deep on the outside and quite shallow on the inside.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-02-2016, 04:12 PM
I'm sure someone could make one for you, didn't you have someone in doing a job for you a while ago that you found really kind and helpful
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2016, 04:17 PM
My friend Colin who gave me the sheet metal to use as a ramp from the kerb down has his own metal fabrication firm. I could ask him again whether he could do something for me. Steve is going to do some work for him shortly so I guess I could get Steve to ask him for me.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-02-2016, 04:29 PM
Thats the one, wouldn't you be better asking him yourself rather than relying on Steve, he's bound to have an opinion on it, and it won't be a positive one
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >