View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2008, 07:47 PM
Good luck with the behaviourist. My friend employed one for her springer spaniel and they are making quite a bit of progress. x
ESH
New Member!
Female 

18-10-2008, 09:41 AM
Originally Posted by Sarah27 View Post
Good luck with the behaviourist. My friend employed one for her springer spaniel and they are making quite a bit of progress. x

Oh thats good to know, he is coming this afternoon so will hopefully shed some light on the situation... x
ESH
New Member!
Female 

18-10-2008, 04:12 PM
Just thought i would let everyone know how today went.

The couple who came at half 3 have only been left about half an hour. They gave Poppy a full check; training, food agrresion, jealousy etc... Basically he said there is not an aggressive bone in her body, he said she is a lovely dog and the growling thing could have been cos my son was playing loud music when she was eating, the snapping thing with ATD, well he said to ignore it. Im still going to take her to the vets i think to get her a full health check, he did advise this and to also get her spayed.

So thanks everyone who helped.

ESH xx xx xx
bobbym
Dogsey Junior
Male 

18-10-2008, 11:13 PM
im so sorry that things are falling apart for you right now but if things go alright for you at the vet then the good news is that it probably can be corrected, whatever is bothering her can be sorted out with professional help and probably really quickly so chin up. god bless i am thinking about you
~ Laura ~
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-10-2008, 07:45 PM
hey there just read this thread, i used to have a springer spaniel, i have an agreesion thread then a gone but not forgotten thread. they are just the best dogs, i loved my one so much and miss him everyday. i am glad you got a behavouirst in to see her, we didnt do that with Spotty as we didnt want to take the chance of him doing it again, please take a moment to read my thread

Thanks, let us know how you get on at the vets.

Laura x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2008, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
You are quite correct here - how could the vet nurse know pain is not involved?! I'd suggest she stops trying to give advice when she is clearly not qualified to do so.

Another person who may be of use is an animal chiropractor. For example, if your dog has been in any way hurt at the kennels (eg, check chain used overly harshly, halti head collar being yanked, dog put on long line to exercise but accidentally yanked on it....) a chiropractor may be of more help, possibly, than a vet.
It may be useful to find out what equipment was used on your dog and how she was exercised. It may give a clue as to the problem.

After all if she was fine before she went into kennels, it is possible something did occur when she was there. Do you know what reason the kennels does not have a good reputation amongst other kennels in the area?

That sound promising, is it Sarah Heath by any chance?

Strange, isn't it? Maybe it is something to do with being out and away from home in the sense that outside she feels more relaxed for some reason? Was she on or off lead at this time?

Do please keep us posted, it would be very interesting to hear what the behaviourist says. I do hope it is a matter that is easily sorted out - will keep fingers and toes all crossed for you!

Kind regards
Wys
x
That's my gut instinct on this one too. I'm getting the feeling maybe she was on one of those flexi leads and ran off for some reason and when she got to the end of the flexi, it yanked on her neck! That's my gut instinct. Definitely something happened in those kennels. Maybe you could get to the bottom of it somehow? All the best, I'd hate to see you have to give her up, you clearly love her lots, but I can see why you're so worried. All the best.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2008, 08:20 PM
Has anyone used a Electric Collar or prong collar on her with or without your knowledge or even a spray collar for stopping barking?

Theres either some pain there or some bad association imo,

Also what about her Ears? are they ok? no Infection/mites or even bad tangles? Or has she maybe had her ears roughly groomed maybe by the kennels?????
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2008, 07:45 AM
Hi,
we think we have come to the bottom of it, the behaviorist said that poppy was so in tune with ESH voice commands that when i tried to physically move her by her collar she got scared. Hence the snapping tha submisive stance. So i have to try and mimick ESH voice. that should be fun lol.
ATD x
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2008, 11:24 AM
Glad things seem to be sorted out - was the behaviourist found through your vet? also wondered if they were a member of any organisation (eg apbc or similar).

Hope things continue to go well....
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2008, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by ATD View Post
Hi,
we think we have come to the bottom of it, the behaviorist said that poppy was so in tune with ESH voice commands that when i tried to physically move her by her collar she got scared. Hence the snapping tha submisive stance. So i have to try and mimick ESH voice. that should be fun lol.
ATD x
I'm a bit confused, what is an ESH voice?
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >