Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2006, 06:57 PM
what a mystery.

that does look nasty doesn't it...Can't think what it would be and I would be as baffled as you. Does look like something chemical doesn't it.

Very weird.

I really hope it heals well. Poor lad.
linds1917
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-04-2006, 07:03 PM
Are dog got hit by a slow moving car years ago and i know one of the signs is scuffed nails and skin missing off there paw pads, thats all what benson had wrong with him. check it out. we but cream and socks on him thats all we could do after the vets.
hope they get well soon. x
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2006, 07:20 PM
No scuffed nails. All he had was the thing on his leg and a few little scratches..

Here's a pic i just took of his leg - as you can see its looking v sore and crusty! Riley's being very good about letting us clean it and put cream on it but it must be so sore..

skjerstad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2006, 07:39 PM
Hi Jessica
just found this post, Poor Riley . He might be a naughty boy at times but he didn't deserve to get injured like this. Glad Chloe is better, hopefully this leg of Riley's will continue to improve too. It looks really sore.
Molly slipped over some dressed timber once and the sharp edge of it was enough to abrade the skin from an area of her leg but it wasn't as big as the bit in the 'photo. So no idea how he has done it. Anyhow I've been no help but wanted to say hi
Katrina342
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-04-2006, 09:20 PM
Are you sure it wasn't a burn? Its just that the raised area looks suspiciously like one to me. Not sure where a burn like that could come from though.

Hope they're OK, you must have been frantic.
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2006, 12:05 AM
Looks like the skin has been scraped off.. Like a graze, it always scabs up afterwards?

No idea, sorry. Just hope he is feeling much better soon
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2006, 09:08 AM
Have you found out anymore, about what happened Jessica?...How is Riley's wound now?
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2006, 04:25 PM
Oh, that is a strange one, it does look like the skin has been caught and stripped back to me.

I've seen a similar wound made by barbed wire.

Glad it is healing nicely, it must be sore
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2006, 10:31 PM
We haven't foudn out what caused it but the good news is that awful crusty scab has come off!! Its a little sore underneath but Riley seems much happier now. Unfortunately the hair doesn't appear to be growing back though Poor Riley. I guess he does't know he's got a bald leg though
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2006, 01:50 PM
Just to let you all know that the hair has just started growing back!!! Its only a tiny bit, and in a couple of little tufts, but better than nothing. Riley still looks a bit odd though..

Ooh, and a neighbour has just had their two dogs stolen from their garden.. And apparently someone else had his lurchers stolen about a month ago It looks as though someone is going aorund stealing everyones dogs
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >