Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2008, 08:42 AM

Feeling utterly fed up

My hayfever is really getting me down...

I've been taking my daily tablets since March, but for the last 2 weeks have been having to take either a decongestant or a cold-n-flu remedy every every 4 hours, every single day to counteract the hayfever symptoms

Today is the worst it has been for a while

I had to sleep sat up last night because of the congestion in my nose and sinuses; and by 5am was totally awake (and sneezing and sniffing)

I went to let the chickens and rabbits out, and by the time I got back up to the house, I couldn't see

I look like I've been punched in the face, my eyes are almost swollen shut, and all my nose and cheeks are swollen and red (with the sniffing and sneezing and full sinuses)

I had to sit with a wet cloth on my face before coming to work, and had to wear my sunglasses (though it's not sunny) as the light hurt my eyes so much

I'm now in my office, with the windows and door shut, the lights off and even the blinds shut

I feel like absolute cr*p, and don't really want to be here

(P.S. Thanks for letting me get that off my chest!)
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2008, 08:55 AM
Totally sympathis Isochick, as mine was that bad when I was a kid. It's horrible and no one that hasn't had it can understand the fog like feeling that takes over your brain.

My mum bought me a homeopathic thing the other week, some eye stuff and nose stuff...off to try and find it and see if there's a web address...
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2008, 09:02 AM
The web address doesn't work think it's been taken over. It was junctionbodycare.co .uk The soothing eye gel is great and has arnica in to reduce any swelling.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2008, 09:25 AM
No wonder you are feeling c**p I get it but it is nowhere near as bad as you and mine is bad enough!
There is an injection you can get, I think it is called Kenalog but it contains steroids. It might be worthwhile asking about it.
Hope you start to feel better hun xx
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2008, 11:41 AM
I am being sent home from work

My OH is coming to pick me up as I can't drive in this state!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2008, 12:01 PM
The pollen count does seem exceptionally high today. Hope you feel better soon Isochick.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2008, 01:03 PM
Unless you've had hayfever you can't imagine how awful it is so I really feel for you *hugs*.
I take cheapy cheap tablets every morning, sometimes I take them again later if I can feel I need them, they are only the supermarket version of Piriton etc at about 75p a pack.

I can vividly remember sniffing my way through my exams at school and trying hard to see the paper through swollen watering eyes.

So sorry you are suffering.

ETA look what I just read on sky....
http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...318137,00.html
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2008, 02:03 PM
never suffered from hay fever but one of my mates has it badly *hugs* to you i hope you feel better soon
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2008, 02:06 PM
I've awful today as well, my eyes as streaming and I cant see to type, Ive taken a double dose of antihuistamine and all its done is make me drowsy. I know how you feel hunxxx