Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-06-2008, 11:27 AM

Thats it sorted.

I came back from my lovely break Friday to more problems re: the home help situation and Mum after thinking Tuesday after ringing them while away it was all dealt with.
Left rather cross message on their answer phone asking them to contact me.
Spoke to the Boss today, the reason they didn't go in Saturday before I went away was because Mum told the Lady the day before my Brother goes Saturday and does her lunch fair enough so they didn't go. Mum doesn't tell me that and has me running around like a headless chicken and doing an hours round trip to make sure she has dinners in her freezer thinking they were the problem and might not go Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday which of course they did.
Turns out they have been turning up at 1.30pm as arranged and Mum has cooked her dinner,so they do the washing up. Wednesday they were late and admit to that although the Lady turned up late she stayed and helped her as she wasn't well that day.
Friday the Lady turned up for her shopping list as per usual Mum has given it to Brother over phone for him to do and take Saturday why oh why I have no idea. When the Lady turns up for dinners she has cooked it Mum told me no-one turned up.
So I have spoken to the Boss today and they are putting a book in and they will put down the time they go in and whether she has done her lunch or not and if they do lunch or just the washing up. She is coping ok so will only need the housework and shopping in the future. And hopefully sooner rather than later.
If she goes into Hospital again I am having a medical assessment discharge done and if possible proper respite care because I am not taking responsibility for setting all this up again as Mum seems to think she can have people come and go at her leisure.
I am sincerely hoping this is sorted now although I must admit I am very angry and finding it hard to keep my temper with her at this time, and can begin to get back to normality as I expect poor Gorden does who has the patience of a Saint and all of my Dogsey pals who have patiently listened and answered my posts about all the traumas.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2008, 01:22 PM
Oh Lynn...... *hug*

My dad went a bit like this in his old age. Claimed Meals on Wheels weren't turning up and he was basically starving, when he was actually sending them away because he didn't like the food.

Hope things improve honey x0x
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2008, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
So I have spoken to the Boss today and they are putting a book in and they will put down the time they go in and whether she has done her lunch or not and if they do lunch or just the washing up. She is coping ok so will only need the housework and shopping in the future. And hopefully sooner rather than later.
Lynn, sorry to ask this but are you paying for this care as if so they are breaking minimum standards by NOT having those records in the home at all times.
Not only that but if we sent carers in to do someones lunch as agreed at assessment/meeting, then the carers would be reporting to the office that that was not happening. We would then inform the family so they were aware.
They should also have discussed with you what to do if Mum cancels, ie is she ok to do that or are all cancellations to come from you. If unsure, again they should confirm with you too.

From my well thumbed copy of the national minimum standards for domicillary care........ you can find the whole set of standards here.... http://www.dh.gov.uk/prod_consum_dh/...dh_4018671.pdf

STANDARD 16 (See regulation 1
With the users consent care or support workers record on records kept in the home of service
users, the time and date of every visit of to the home, the service provided and any significant
occurrence. Where employed by the agency, live-in care and support workers complete the record
on a daily basis. Records include (where appropriate:

assistance with medication including time and dosage on a special medication chart.
(See Standard 10)

other requests for assistance with medication and action taken (See Standard 10)

financial transactions undertaken on behalf of the service user (See Standard 13)

details of any changes in the users or carers circumstances, health, physical condition
and care needs

any accident, however minor, to the service user and/or care or support worker

any other untoward incidents

any other information which would assist the next health or social care worker to ensure
consistency in the provision of care
16.2 Service users and/or their relatives or representatives are informed about what is written on the record
and have access to it.
16.3 All written records are legible, factual, signed and dated and kept in a safe place in the home, as agreed
with the service user, their relatives or representative.
16.4 Records are kept in the home for one month, or until the service is concluded, after which time they
are transferred, with the permission of the service user, to the provider agency or other suitable body
(eg local authority or health trust, or other purchaser of the service), for safe keeping.
16.5 Any service user or their relatives or representative on their behalf, refusing to have records kept in their

home, is requested to sign and date a statement confirming the refusal and this is kept on their personal file in the agency.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-06-2008, 03:02 PM
Thanks for the info Becky. Mum is paying for the help.
I may get a book tomorrow and put one in in case they don't as they have now suggested.
Hopefully it will run smoothly now. Mum is partly to blame for this so I can't blame it all on the care agency.
She shouldn't need them soon and will just have the housework and shopping lady go in which we have had no problems with.
Personally I will be glad when she can manage without the lunchtime visit it has just caused me so much stress.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-06-2008, 04:36 PM
Sorry to hear that you have come back to a mess after your nice break. Hope the time away did make you feel better in yourself at least. Big hugs.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-06-2008, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Sorry to hear that you have come back to a mess after your nice break. Hope the time away did make you feel better in yourself at least. Big hugs.
Thanks TW yes it did help. How are you ?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-06-2008, 05:11 PM
I am fine, but I too have been away to OH's in Bristol to be Pampered, girlies have been in kennels. Only got back a couple of hours ago, stress levels will obviously rise when I ring Mum in an hour or two - am putting it off at the moment cos I am happy and relaxed at the mo
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-06-2008, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I am fine, but I too have been away to OH's in Bristol to be Pampered, girlies have been in kennels. Only got back a couple of hours ago, stress levels will obviously rise when I ring Mum in an hour or two - am putting it off at the moment cos I am happy and relaxed at the mo
Don't blame you put it off as long as you are able.
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2008, 05:23 PM
Is the bag packed,pick you up on the M11 dont forget the passport I wish. Well he has now been in bed over15hrs ive put a salad in his fridge,but I expect the it will still be there in the morning but the level on the sherry bottle will have gone down. no use trying to talk to him cos he wont put his hearing aids in ,in anycase the answer is always he is not getting up cos he doesnt want to!!!!! i really dont think I can take resposibility for him much longer.#

Dont forget the passport
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-06-2008, 06:02 PM

yeah we'll all go off to somewhere warm where there is no aggro, The Great Escape!!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >