Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2008, 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by stafford View Post
Omg never thought about people with pacemakers.
I think there should be a thread.... shocking trolly's at tesco.
Any better patch? (trying to keep to topic)

Also i'm going to write a letter first thing and post it!
The stinging is easing off nicely now thanks to the dock leaves and wet chunks of towel while I wait for the freezer to get the other bits really cold for me, but most of all thanks to everyone for the suggestions of what to try, and for being so caring
I don`t usually moan at something hurting, [ as madmare can testify, she knows I usually just get on with things ], but this one combined with the arm already being knackered was just too much to bear alone, once again Dogsey comes through to make things better
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2008, 10:42 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
To be honest I`m not really in with the sue-for-injury culture but as its been so painful and really interfering with daily life I`m actually considering it, if only to get them to say `sorry` and to deal with it in their stores whether by chaning the flooring or looking at the trolleys as conductors, maybe the tyres / wheels being a prime factor ?
I am going to have to bite the bullet and see what the doctor says before I decide what to do, but if I end up having to have physio, [ which I strongly suspect at this point as there is clearly very bad damage ], then I will have to do something to make them take it on board, I dread to think how badly hurt someone else might be because of the firm not being made to do `something`
the thing is patch, ok its sore just now, even though you dont really want to put a claim in, you just never know what these type of injurys will go onto, you may have problems for life now, I know what its like living with my back and hips, after a bout of physio you may feel good for a long time, but it will creep back up,, the next time you may just turn your arm a funny way and bang back to square one,, so it will all link back to the original injury,, even though you may not really think it has,,, keep a very open mind on claiming, you may live to regret it if you dont and find out you have limited ability with it in a years time x
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2008, 10:42 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
im sure its pretty common, I have been in when other people have gotten shocks, when its quiet you can hear the crack then the muffled mumbles of other shoppers lol, its ruddy awful,,
if it helps I will add my tuppenth worth too but Im nosey now to see who else has had a shock form them,
I think a thread/survey is in order, I`ll do one now
stafford
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-05-2008, 10:45 PM
Glad it's easing.
Fingers crossed a good nights sleep will help.
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2008, 10:50 PM
Awwwwww Patch,you have been in the wars have you not.Poor soul,hope it all eases sooner rather than later,huge hugs and big slobbery kisses from my lot too,xxxxxxxxx
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2008, 11:03 PM
I will think about it Shona, I`ll see what the doc says about long term prognosis. I had an old injury years ago which does still rear up from time to time and yep literally from just moving the wrong way can cause that one to be as bad as it ever was, [ that one was over 20 years ago ], so you are absolutely right that something as stupid as this could have very real long term effects.
They should be accountable, if not to me individually/financially, [ just an apology would be nice ], then to all the customers who have this happen but don`t realise the extent of it so don`t say anything and the firm therefore end up doing nothing to rectify it in-store.

Have posted a survey HERE
Missysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-05-2008, 11:56 PM
Hi Patch , I'm glad you are getting some relief from the nettle stings. I just had another idea for future reference. If you gather some dock leaves and make an infusion you could soak a cloth in the "dock leave tea" , stick it in the freezer and use it as a cold compress on the area that has been stung . Or stick a bunch of leaves in a blender to make " dock leave lotion" , ready to apply if and when required without the pain of rubbing the whole leaves on your sore skin . . ( I know , I've got some imagination , but I HAVE just had my strong bedtime dihydrocodeine ). Got to go to bed now before I fall off the chair as these tablets knock me out ! Hope you feel much better soon and Missy says no probs , here's a million more Staffie kisses .
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4