Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Maxy24
New Member!
Female 

23-07-2007, 02:15 PM

Beautiful boy needs a home

This is for Bruno. He was adopted by a woman who was living with her boyfriend. They broke up and she kept him but she is having a very hard time affording him and giving him all the attention he needs. She is working three jobs and still can't get enough money to afford him. She asked for help to re-home him so I am posting about him here. The owner is a member of another forum I post on.

Prior to being adopted by this woman he was beaten by his first owners so he has some problem with being nervous around strangers, I'm not sure of the extent yet but I will find out very soon.

He is a one year old mix, the owner believes he is a Akita X Husky X German Shepherd mix. He is neutered and micro-chipped. Since i am waiting to here back from the owner I don't have a lot of info on his personality and training but will find out today. I believe he is bad with cats and should not go to a home with kids because of his nervousness with strangers but I will know for sure later.

He is in lincolnshire uk. My next post will be pics of Bruno, he really is a beautiful dog, I would take him if I could.
Maxy24
New Member!
Female 

23-07-2007, 02:30 PM
The owner would actually prefer a person who could foster Bruno until she can get into a home on her own (she is living with her mother) which she is trying very hard to do. But she is willing to adopt him out to someone who really impresses her.

I got more info so I'll do that post now and pics next.

He gets nervous of strangers and will snap so he needs someone who can work with him on that, he might need to be muzzled in areas with many people that he is in close contact to. She says he's he is micro chipped, had injections, wormed, deflead, insured, castrated. no cats or kids younger then 13 but should be good with dogs. He loves to play and go on walks. He is house trained, does not bark and knows basic obedience very well. She will give you toys, bowls, bed, freezer, food, leads, and collars if you adopt/foster him. and she would like a vet check on potential owners.

So if you need any more info I will get it, just ask. Next post is pics.
Maxy24
New Member!
Female 

23-07-2007, 02:39 PM
Here he is, these are him at 11 months.

here is a slide show, it has a lot of the same pics but there are some others
http://s154.photobucket.com/albums/s...t=79bc0743.pbr

here are some videos. They were taken with a cell phone so the quality is a bit poor.
http://s154.photobucket.com/albums/s...ent=Bruno2.flv
http://s154.photobucket.com/albums/s...rent=Bruno.flv

Hope you like him! please get back to me with any questions.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2007, 12:57 PM
Oh he is stunning, what striking eyes he has! I am sure he won't be long finding another home, what a beauty!

Such a shame
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2007, 01:25 PM
When you say he was adopted, was he adopted from a rescue org ? If thats the case, the better rescue organisations usually state clearly in adoption papers that dogs must be returned to them if a situation arises in which a dog can not be kept by the adopter, its a legally binding contract, [ and I do know of a recent case of a rescue finding out a dog had been passed on to a third party in breach of adoption contract, thankfully they got the dog back ], so if Bruno was adopted from a reputable rescue, that really should be the first port of call. A good rescue will be very understanding of the situation and will be very experienced in matching his needs to another great owner, its such a shame a relationship break up is causing her to have to give him up if a fosterer cant be found while she sorts accommodation out
If he was a private rescue, its still worth contacting reputable organisations for advice / help on ensuring the best possible outcome for the circumstances, especially rescues experienced in any of the breeds in his mix - most good breed rescues do often deal with crosses which are part `their breed`so could be very helpful.
Maxy24
New Member!
Female 

25-07-2007, 12:03 PM
now I think she is looking mostly for a person to adopt him, she knows she is not in the position, and may not be for a while, to care for a dog. What makes things more urgent is that her sister and her baby are moving in soon. This dog fears strangers and will bite if he feels threatened so being in a home with kids is a BIG NO. This is a very sad situation for the dog, he really needs help to get more comfortable with strangers. I believe if he is given to a shelter or rescue he would be PTS. He was not from a rescue, I don't know the whole story but he was given to her by a man who did not tell her about his aggression towards strangers. The man was beating and mistreating the dog and she did not wan to leave him there. Unfortunately she can not afford a behaviorist to help Bruno, and he really needs one.
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2007, 12:59 PM
he really is beautiful.
Female 

12-08-2007, 07:41 AM
Did she manage to find him somewhere to go?

Ani
Maxy24
New Member!
Female 

12-08-2007, 11:39 AM
NO, She was feeling bad giving him up because of money so she is keeping him. She is going to try her hardest to afford him whether she has to sell her stuff or what. If you are still interested in adopting him I will tell her but I don't know if she is still willing to adopt him out.
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2007, 01:15 AM
Originally Posted by Maxy24 View Post
now I think she is looking mostly for a person to adopt him, she knows she is not in the position, and may not be for a while, to care for a dog. What makes things more urgent is that her sister and her baby are moving in soon. This dog fears strangers and will bite if he feels threatened so being in a home with kids is a BIG NO. This is a very sad situation for the dog, he really needs help to get more comfortable with strangers. I believe if he is given to a shelter or rescue he would be PTS. He was not from a rescue, I don't know the whole story but he was given to her by a man who did not tell her about his aggression towards strangers. The man was beating and mistreating the dog and she did not wan to leave him there. Unfortunately she can not afford a behaviorist to help Bruno, and he really needs one.
This isn't the case of ALL rescue centres. The owner needs to ask the rescue centre if they have a non destruct policy to ensure his safety. There is also a regulatory body which some reputable rescue's are members of, its called the Association of Dogs and Cats Homes (ADCH) - adch.org.uk

I would highly recommend owners to check out their site for a rescue centre near to them.

NO, She was feeling bad giving him up because of money so she is keeping him. She is going to try her hardest to afford him whether she has to sell her stuff or what. If you are still interested in adopting him I will tell her but I don't know if she is still willing to adopt him out.
So glad to hear this There is help out there for vet bills etc, so I wish her the best of luck for the future