Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2015, 07:34 AM

Daily Thread, Mon Dec 28

They tell me that this is officially Bank Holiday Monday in other words the official Boxing Day. To me it will always be the day after Christmas day.

LG and June do hope you are getting some respite from the rain now. That is madness June to build on that flood plain down the lane from you. Norma, hope things are not too bad for you either further up.

Jenny, I hope you Brian and Pepsi are ok. Brenda and Sue and Griff, hope you are all surviving ok. Griff the least your brother could have said that he would find decent homes for your dogs if anything happened to you.

Lynn hope all is well with you. God bless.

Well hopefully weatherwise it will be a better day today. So have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all, safe and well. God Bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2015, 08:22 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Thank you Moyra for reminding me that today is still a bank holiday as I was thinking of going to the bank Well will do some cooking instead and go tomorrow.

Hope you have a nice quiet day Moyra and it is expected to stay dry at least.

Hope everyone up north is safe and warm and at least get a respite from the rain.

Off to walk Teazle and then rearrange my day

Have a good day and stay safe.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2015, 08:34 AM
Just walked Amber not too bad out there at all. Could do with going back to bed now. Nothing but bad news on the box but Steve Allen did put out a bit of good news a couple who have been living in sin for 10 years have decided to marry soon. They are 91 and 96 years old, so never too late for some. I hope they have many happy years together.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-12-2015, 08:53 AM
Morning Moyra, Sue and all who follow.
Dry and cold here today and a red sky. Did pop on earlier using the chrome
book as this in the middle of the night when I was up couldn't sleep decided to disconnect itself from the internet. Gorden has fixed it but it was saying something to do with the internet driver. Does it again and its going back I can't be dealing with lap tops that disconnect themselves.
June its windows 8 could upgrade to 10 but I had heard it can cause problems and the lad in Tesco was saying installing it has caused a lot of problems for some.
Tidying up here today as we have friends coming for lunch tomorrow and Michael is driving back this morning for another day or two after visiting friends in Harlow.

Hope everyone is well and all doglets and that the water stays receded up North.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2015, 09:43 AM
Morning all
It is quite nice here, still windy but mild and dry. We had the red sky this morning too ...... isn't that a warning?
I refuse to install windows 10 even though it keeps asking me too. I'm fine as I am. My son upgraded and has not had a minutes trouble. I bet I would though
My eldest Gdaughter is coming today. She has worked all Christmas (receptionist) in an hotel. She did 12 hours Christmas day

Hey the sun is coming out shhhhhh!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2015, 09:46 AM
Hahaha Sue, well that is a wasted trip saved then!
Morning Moyra, if you fancy going back to bed you do it...it is christmas after all
I have windows 8 Lynn,...i have it on my phone too and i get on fine with it, i too didn't do the upgrade as i had heard it may cause issues especially with my make of laptop, i think the next time i buy a laptop i will just go for one that has windows 10 already installed....that way i can't be responsible for breaking it Lol
Nippy enjoy your Granddaughters visit
Mum text my bro yesterday...he heaed off to ireland, haven't heard back from him...i hope he is just drunk Lol
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2015, 10:10 AM
Morning all. Yep this is an official day as it is My day. So they planned that well. Hope you all have a good day and June I hope you get to see the official person that is coming to look at the floods round your way. You must be very pleased that he is coming. lol!!
Off to celebrate with another walk with Tyto. tt.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2015, 10:27 AM
Morning all,
Hope everyone is well, I will do a catch up. Yesterday Lauryn was at work all day, today I am shortly going to get ready. I got up to some sad news as my neighbours gorgeous malamute boy had to be laid to rest as he was just too poorly to carry on. He was diagnosed with heart problems January 1st He was 8years old

On lighter news Liam is still here, think he's going to Cornwall on Wednesday to be with Sarah and her family I shall miss him but we will see them both soon as we going in February for a weekend

Have a good day all
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-12-2015, 10:32 AM
Griff,I am told you can make arrangements with the Cinnamon Trust for your dogs if you are at all worried about what could happen, and I perfectly understand your concerns, its better to know now that he couldn't care less rather than it happening too late for you to take action. They keep the dogs as a family and if they can't home them they live in purpose built accommodationn. It is something I am looking into myself.
Nice morning here, due to stay dry all today and tomorrow so girls will get out. Wednesday looks horrendous,with 40 mile an hour winds,of course that is the day my friend has arranged for someone to do her horse for her so she can come over to have our Christmas lunch which we do between Christmas and New Year, will let her know and see if she still wants to do it as I am picking her up at the tram, and it is a worry they will stop them running. Still got friends to meet from before Christmas yet!!!
Moyra, I keep telling you, Nanny Nap in the afternoon
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-12-2015, 10:33 AM
Good morning everyone, seems that good spirits prevail for most, I've never understood this juggling with bank holidays etc. Things are when they are, and there is no point mucking about with them ((as far as I'm concerned).
That brother of yours doesn't seem to be the most conscientious of people Griff - just good manners to let his Mum know he has got there in one piece.
All this talk of Windows (be it 8 or 10 or 300 for that matter) is to me very confusing. Gobbledygook to me - I know nothing! lol !
I have had the dogs out this morning and Fagin is now going like a train on his three good legs, when walking he uses the bandaged one but now he's started trying to run about he sticks it straight out to the front and goes like blerdy hell on the other three. Comes unstuck cornering though - hasn't got the hang of that bit. Although (under all that bandage it is obviously still very tender as far as using it is concerned) he seems to be in a good mood now with the others and all that silly grumbling has ground to a halt.
Will be at least another week before we can try it out unbandaged but I'm very pleased with the progress so far.
I'm now off out to survey the damage done to the walls down by the river, a lot of the stone has been washed away and the cost of replacement is prohibitive so may just end up having it fenced with wooden posts and sheep netting (strongly dislike barbed wire even though it is much cheaper).
The rain has taken itself off elsewhere today but we are left with a howling wind and it is quite cold, I'm not much given to mollycoddling but the long johns have been brought into service for the day - which is some indication of what the weather is like. Fine serviceable garment even if not given to winning many fashion contests! LOL !!!
Have a good day all, do try and be on your best behaviour! Bye fer now.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »