Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2012, 07:24 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Thursday

Good morning all Dogsey Peops

Yes, I'm smiling again today, Zena is fine this morning and had a good night - phew! She went out and came back in looking for her biccies which she hasn't done for 2 mornings, so she's had a bit of chicken with her pills and has gone back to bed, but seems to be on the mend. She actually had a less fidgety night than she has of late, she seemed to stay in her own bed all night, so I guess she's had a bit of pain going on in there for a while now

I'm sorry, but I haven't kept up with what was going on yesterday, but hopefully, everyone is ok along with their doglets. Good luck for Gorden at his interview today Lynn, hope he gets the job, and that'll make your Christmas won't it.

It doesn't seem to be raining much outside, although it's still pitch black down here and with no street lights I can't see anything looking out the front, so hopefully, we can do our newly discovered beach walk again this morning. I did notice how much better my hips were all day yesterday, having done a walk on the flat instead of climbing hills, so the more I walk down there the better for me and Zena seems to like it. What worries me though, are the huuuuge, sea defence boulders they have put all along the beach side of my track, cos there are warning up everywhere stating "warning - deep crevices" and it'd be s*d's law that ball bounced in the wrong direction and off would go Zena, she wouldn't care how deep the hole was to retrieve it She was very good yesterday though, everytime I called her away from them, she obliged and stuck on the path.

Dave home tonight and he'll be here for 7 days instead of 4 - will I survive???!! Going to get some veggies from Mr S this morning, and putting milk in the fridge for my guests up at the van and that's it for me today.

Enjoy yours whatever you're up to
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2012, 07:31 AM
Good morning, Helena and all who follow...

SIlent here; and balmy compared to other weeks.

When I go out to get the dogs, the darkness is total and intense Not a light in sight at that hour. Just black!

Pottering day here pre-market.. Food cooked ready to reheat etc and dogs are settled with huge meaty bones.

Tomorrow may well be the last time I am out before Christmas so need to make sure enough basics and BONES etc in.. OK for me to run out of something but not the dogs and cats..

Lovely cards this week from old friends.. 2 with bank notes in them.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2012, 07:33 AM
Morning Helena and everyone who passes this way!
It is tipping it down here again, I just can't believe it. Pepsi hasn't pee'd for about 18 hours because she refuses to go outside I think it is due to clear this afternoon, lets hope so.
Lynn I hope Gorden is much better today and I hope everyone else is feeling well.
Brian has had to give Paul a lift to Torquay this morning to get his lift to Exeter. The upside of this is that he calls into Lidl on the way home and brings hot Pumpkin rolls for brekkie! yum yum.
Have a good day all x
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2012, 07:33 AM
Morning H, and all,
Well did I have a good day yesterday or what! I was practically dancing all afternoon after recieving 2 letters in the morning stating I had won too very long drawn out battles. As many of you know Lily's insurance company refused to pay for any of her treatment saying she had suffered with the problem since before the policy come out in May and they had also put an exclusion on any future claims relating to her digestive system. My vet and i have both written letters and finally yesterday I heard they had overturned their decision. There is £406 of bills they won't be paying as that took place within the first 7 days of the policy, which is fair enough but they are paying into my account the remaining £118, which means any futher bills I can now claim back and if I had an emergency like bloat or something with her I can get her treated, such a weight off my mind, especially with vets being shut extra time over christmas.
I also had a letter yesterday stating my rotten and draughty, water leaking doors and windows that I have been battling the Housing association to get replaced for over 2 years, will be replaced by Anglian Windows on Saturday 12th January between 8 and 10 am. So my 4 times weekly phjone calls and formal complaint asking for compensation has finally worn them down. It will probab;y be blowing a blizzard and be -10 that day but I don't care as afterwards I will be warm and snuggly.
Today hasn't started quite so well after getting soaked to the skin trying to walk a reluctant Lily, so if this is the last day of the world I don't think much of the weather they have presented us with
Glad Zena seems much improved today and good Luck to Gordon today, I really hope he gets the job
Take care all, stay dry, enjoy your day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-12-2012, 07:37 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Good morning all Dogsey Peops

Yes, I'm smiling again today, Zena is fine this morning and had a good night - phew! She went out and came back in looking for her biccies which she hasn't done for 2 mornings, so she's had a bit of chicken with her pills and has gone back to bed, but seems to be on the mend. She actually had a less fidgety night than she has of late, she seemed to stay in her own bed all night, so I guess she's had a bit of pain going on in there for a while now

I'm sorry, but I haven't kept up with what was going on yesterday, but hopefully, everyone is ok along with their doglets. Good luck for Gorden at his interview today Lynn, hope he gets the job, and that'll make your Christmas won't it.

It doesn't seem to be raining much outside, although it's still pitch black down here and with no street lights I can't see anything looking out the front, so hopefully, we can do our newly discovered beach walk again this morning. I did notice how much better my hips were all day yesterday, having done a walk on the flat instead of climbing hills, so the more I walk down there the better for me and Zena seems to like it. What worries me though, are the huuuuge, sea defence boulders they have put all along the beach side of my track, cos there are warning up everywhere stating "warning - deep crevices" and it'd be s*d's law that ball bounced in the wrong direction and off would go Zena, she wouldn't care how deep the hole was to retrieve it She was very good yesterday though, everytime I called her away from them, she obliged and stuck on the path.

Dave home tonight and he'll be here for 7 days instead of 4 - will I survive???!! Going to get some veggies from Mr S this morning, and putting milk in the fridge for my guests up at the van and that's it for me today.

Enjoy yours whatever you're up to
Morning Helena. Pleased to hear Zena is a lot better this morning. Does sound like she might of had some discomfort doesn't it ? Hopefully the pills will do the trick.
Good luck at Sainsbury. I am sure you will survive Dave (just)

Gorden has a stinking cold now and hacking cough but he says he is going to the interview not sure if it is wise and how happy the people doing the interviewing will be with him taking the dreaded lurgy in. But him getting a job here in the UK is so important to us.
He isn't feeling so confident as he was due to this illness.

Lots of positive Dogsey vibes please.

Its dark and raining here and I have a very gobby Dillon this morning.

Have a good day all.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2012, 07:41 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning H, and all,
Well did I have a good day yesterday or what! I was practically dancing all afternoon after recieving 2 letters in the morning stating I had won too very long drawn out battles. As many of you know Lily's insurance company refused to pay for any of her treatment saying she had suffered with the problem since before the policy come out in May and they had also put an exclusion on any future claims relating to her digestive system. My vet and i have both written letters and finally yesterday I heard they had overturned their decision. There is £406 of bills they won't be paying as that took place within the first 7 days of the policy, which is fair enough but they are paying into my account the remaining £118, which means any futher bills I can now claim back and if I had an emergency like bloat or something with her I can get her treated, such a weight off my mind, especially with vets being shut extra time over christmas.
I also had a letter yesterday stating my rotten and draughty, water leaking doors and windows that I have been battling the Housing association to get replaced for over 2 years, will be replaced by Anglian Windows on Saturday 12th January between 8 and 10 am. So my 4 times weekly phjone calls and formal complaint asking for compensation has finally worn them down. It will probab;y be blowing a blizzard and be -10 that day but I don't care as afterwards I will be warm and snuggly.
Today hasn't started quite so well after getting soaked to the skin trying to walk a reluctant Lily, so if this is the last day of the world I don't think much of the weather they have presented us with
Glad Zena seems much improved today and good Luck to Gordon today, I really hope he gets the job
So glad the windows are sorted. and hope they keep to the date

It is deadful toi have to get aggressive but it is the only way these days. Here I utter the phrase "formal complaint" and knots get untied fast, and I can now do it without any emotion. WHich is more worrying than the siutation!

Gorden; good luck and may the adrenaline kick on and carry you through with flying colours.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2012, 07:44 AM
Good morning Helena and all who follow.

It's lashing it down here and we have a strong wind too . It's so bad that I doubt we'll get out today which won't please madam. I take her out regardless usually, but with heavy winds and lashing rain I'm not too sure about today for some reason. We shall see. Usually there's a bit of respite in it all at some point and that's usually when I get her out on bad weather days, but according to the forecast it's going to be constant today

I do hate these dark mornings and evenings, but we should start to see a gradual lengthening after tomorrow which gives a psychological boost.

I have got to get to the post office this morning and to Gary's. Bless him, he hasn't wanted to put up his tree or any decorations, but today he's going to have them up whether he wants 'em or not. I'm hoping it will lift his spirits a bit. The headaches are getting less in intensity and he's not going dizzy as often now so hopefully he's now getting back to normal again - fingers crossed.

We bought ourselves a treat for Christmas yesterday - a box of famous names. I really do love them, but it's years since we had any. Dave shouldn't really have them, but his diabetes is under control so we are thinking that a little bit of what we fancy at Christmas won't hurt for once (hope so anyway).

I can't believe that you've got people in the van this weekend, Helena - are they mad? !!!! Rather them than me and rather you than me having to clear up all the muddy floors when they've gone

Come off it, you know you'll love having Dave home on his 'extended leave'. It'll be like a second honeymoon for ya

Lynn, tell Gorden we're all with him today - hoping he lands this job. It would be ideal for him wouldn't it with it being so close to home.

Have a good 'un all and stay safe in this lousy weather.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2012, 07:46 AM
Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post
Good morning, Helena and all who follow...

SIlent here; and balmy compared to other weeks.

When I go out to get the dogs, the darkness is total and intense Not a light in sight at that hour. Just black!

Pottering day here pre-market.. Food cooked ready to reheat etc and dogs are settled with huge meaty bones.

Tomorrow may well be the last time I am out before Christmas so need to make sure enough basics and BONES etc in.. OK for me to run out of something but not the dogs and cats..

Lovely cards this week from old friends.. 2 with bank notes in them.
Morning Rosebud I have the same here with that blackness living in these woods and no street lights so I know what you mean. The good thing is, for the first time in donkey's years, I can see all the starts at night, and I gave up in wonder cos I haven't seen them since my childhood days, but then I'm like that! Yes, better make sure you have all that dog food in for the closed Christmas period.

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Morning Helena and everyone who passes this way!
It is tipping it down here again, I just can't believe it. Pepsi hasn't pee'd for about 18 hours because she refuses to go outside I think it is due to clear this afternoon, lets hope so.
Lynn I hope Gorden is much better today and I hope everyone else is feeling well.
Brian has had to give Paul a lift to Torquay this morning to get his lift to Exeter. The upside of this is that he calls into Lidl on the way home and brings hot Pumpkin rolls for brekkie! yum yum.
Have a good day all x
Morning Jenny Oh my goodness, what is she like that Pepsi!! Can't you do what I do and stick a coat on her to go outside for her pee Zena is the same at night, takes one look outside and turns around, so I put her little topcoat on, and push her backside out there Sounds like you're getting a right deluge down there Jen again then! It's raining here, but I can't hear it which means it's not particularly heavy. Enjoy the day Jen.

Morning H, and all,
Morning Bev Well I'd call that a result there!!! Blooming brilliant Bev!!! By the way, the world ends tomorrow, not today lol! Allegedly!!!

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Helena. Pleased to hear Zena is a lot better this morning. Does sound like she might of had some discomfort doesn't it ? Hopefully the pills will do the trick.
Good luck at Sainsbury. I am sure you will survive Dave (just)

Gorden has a stinking cold now and hacking cough but he says he is going to the interview not sure if it is wise and how happy the people doing the interviewing will be with him taking the dreaded lurgy in. But him getting a job here in the UK is so important to us.
He isn't feeling so confident as he was due to this illness.

Lots of positive Dogsey vibes please.

Its dark and raining here and I have a very gobby Dillon this morning.

Have a good day all.
Morning Lynn Still got everything on constant for Gorden and his interview, and I hope he doesn't have a coughing fit during the process He'd better tell them not to make him laugh right at the start hey? Hope Dillon wasn't too gobby this morning, I'm sure you're winning with him now.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2012, 07:47 AM
Morning H, and all,
Well done, Bev! Now for that third miracle, kyiro's foot
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2012, 07:51 AM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Good morning Helena and all who follow.

It's lashing it down here and we have a strong wind too . It's so bad that I doubt we'll get out today which won't please madam. I take her out regardless usually, but with heavy winds and lashing rain I'm not too sure about today for some reason. We shall see. Usually there's a bit of respite in it all at some point and that's usually when I get her out on bad weather days, but according to the forecast it's going to be constant today

I do hate these dark mornings and evenings, but we should start to see a gradual lengthening after tomorrow which gives a psychological boost.

I have got to get to the post office this morning and to Gary's. Bless him, he hasn't wanted to put up his tree or any decorations, but today he's going to have them up whether he wants 'em or not. I'm hoping it will lift his spirits a bit. The headaches are getting less in intensity and he's not going dizzy as often now so hopefully he's now getting back to normal again - fingers crossed.

We bought ourselves a treat for Christmas yesterday - a box of famous names. I really do love them, but it's years since we had any. Dave shouldn't really have them, but his diabetes is under control so we are thinking that a little bit of what we fancy at Christmas won't hurt for once (hope so anyway).

I can't believe that you've got people in the van this weekend, Helena - are they mad? !!!! Rather them than me and rather you than me having to clear up all the muddy floors when they've gone

Come off it, you know you'll love having Dave home on his 'extended leave'. It'll be like a second honeymoon for ya

Lynn, tell Gorden we're all with him today - hoping he lands this job. It would be ideal for him wouldn't it with it being so close to home.

Have a good 'un all and stay safe in this lousy weather.
Morning Chris Famous names what are they then, would I like them perhaps?? Yes, people booked in not only for Christmas week, but the week after in January and then the following week-end, can you belieeeeeve it?!!! Mad, totally mad!! The Christmas weekers are avid caravaners, they have their own which they lug around all summer long but thought they'd stay in a proper one over Christmas Glad to hear Gary is getting better and better each day, this is good, long may it continue. Yes, of course I will love having Dave home for 7 long days when he hates Christmas!!!! He will actually like it this year, cos I won't have loads of people trudging through the house, it'll just be us and Zena, and I'm taking a leaf out of TW's book and having a jim jam day and a buffet on the go and a bottle of champers on the sideboard
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »