Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2012, 07:42 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Thursday

Good morning all Dogsey peops

We've overslept this morning, but then again, with no work to go to, who cares really It's very, very still out there, white and frosty, and I can see blue sky appearing, so it's going to be a good day here, and stay safe on your journeys today if you've got all that snow.

Dave home tonight, yayyyy, cos this means he will get the tree down from the loft and put up my outside twinkling lights for me I must go up and check that van coz I think this is the coldest night yet, and although I left the oil fire on low, I must check we're not frozen up underneath in the pipes. I think tomorrow, we'll just stuff all the bits and pieces of the left over insulation into refuse sacks and shove them underneath at the very back, because I just can't see Dave getting underneath that back end, the gap is very narrow where it's uphill, and if he got stuck, well, I just don't know, doesn't bear thinking about really Time to bodge it methinks!

Off to Mr S this morning to get the ingredients for my curry with Dave tonight, and maybe finish off the Christmas cards that I made a start on last night, then a blooming neighbour rang me for a chat and ended up staying on the phone for an hour After which I lost all my enthusiasm for writing them, cos I hate writing cards. I've got all the important ones done to my friends overseas and some here, so I'll post those off today, and if the rest don't get done, well tough!

Still thinking of you Chris and hope hubby managed the hospital run without any problems. Hope Sal is still doing ok Kazz along with all the rest of our poorly doglets. Talking of which, I did a 3 day Panacur on Zena from Saturday and yesterday she did me one of those humungous, watery, yellow squits lunchtime I think I'm going to have to do it all again in 2 weeks' time, but I might take her to the vets inbetween just to get her checked over and maybe some ab's if this continues today. Dave says it's just the fallout from the Panacur but who know.

Hope your weather isn't too bad, but stay safe if it's slippery out there
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2012, 07:49 AM
Morning!
It's frosty yaaaay, makes a change from rain
I hope you pipes are allright H, gosh you don't want them frozen
All my cards are written, I've just got to deliver/post them.
Just boring shopping today and wrapping more pressies because I lost interest yesterday
Take care all xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2012, 07:58 AM
Morning Jen Lol, you lost interest in wrapping just like I lost interest in my cards - we sure have the Christmas spirit don't we Maybe it'll come nearer the time Be careful out there Jen, don't want you falling over on this ice, and I will try and do the same
Nikki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-12-2012, 07:58 AM
Morning all

I've not posted on here for a while! Nothing really to report though! Life is dull!

Anyway I have a long weekend off and a half day today
Off to longleat tomorrow so a little excited!

Max has got a fun swimming session on Saturday which should be fun! And we've got agility tonight!

Max was sick last night though so will have to see what he like when I get home

Hope you all have a good day
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2012, 08:00 AM
Morning Nikki Glad you dropped in on your half day off, and hope Max is ok when you get home for his swimming session. Enjoy Longleat on Saturday
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-12-2012, 08:09 AM

Went back to bed after HRHs 7am pill for a bit more sleep but was woken by a telephone call "Post Office - parcel - ten minutes" so grabbed dressing gown, got to front door, clipped Pereg on, opened door, and the guy was outside! It was a replacement for my Russell Hobbs lecci can opener which I said arrived brokdid but tbh I sort of hadda naccident when taking it out of the box.

Nice and sunny after a couple of days of rain rain and more rain, so hot water today - yippee! Hot water = shower = you can all take the clothes pegs off your noses!

Hoping Chris's Gary is a lot better today, and thinking of Sal and all other poorly doglets - and peeps of course.

Now to unpack the new can opener and NOT drop it this time!
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2012, 08:12 AM
Morning H and all,
-5 out there this morning and the bits of snow left have turned into horrible sharp piecs of iced snow so poor doggies were hobbling on the lawn this morning as it dug into their feet and legs.
They finally gritted round our way at lunch time yesterday that was after over 50 accidents on the roads round here, but at least that mean't I was then able to drive Kyiro for another bandage change, next check and bandage change will be on Saturday.
Had another text from lynn last night. She is still waiting for her laptop to arrive. Hopefully it won't be too long now, but your doing a great job H.
Apart from work this afternoon and this evening I won't be venturing far today.
I hope your pipes are not frozen H and I hope everyone else is ok and any poorly doggies are feeling better today.
Take care out there everyone.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2012, 08:24 AM
Good morning Helena and all

Its nothing like as cold as I thought it would be this morning in spite of a thick frost. The weather app on my laptop says its sunny - its lying 'cos its dull

I didn't end up typing up the minutes last night, hopefully today. I haven't written any cards yet or bought any presents yet so I really need to get a wriggle (or is that a wiggle?) on. Walking dogs at about 10 but have to go and collect a large sack of Orijen first. The fish variety is getting really hard to get hold of but one is arriving at my local shop from another branch. I've also got to go to a framing shop for midday as I've managed to secure the last 'slot' for getting some Olympic 'stuff' framed in time for Christmas for my son.

I hope Gary continues to improve, and Sal and all the poorly dogs (and people) out there.

I thought Lynn had got her new laptop ..... I think I must have dreamt that
Have a good day all
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-12-2012, 08:32 AM
'morning Helena and all

Well unlike your clear blue skies we have dull grey ones and it's snowing and there I was thinking we might get a thaw, oh well it might be a white Christmas

Chris, I'm still reading your posts about your son and hoping that now he's closer to you things will improve.

Best wishes all of you out there

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I did a 3 day Panacur on Zena from Saturday and yesterday
Do you always use Panacur Our vet has said to us that she thinks it's better to change the make around so she usually prescribes a different make each time we have to do the worming. The ones we used recently didn't effect either Bara or Rianna, sometimes in the past they have been a bit subdued after they've had their worming tablets.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2012, 08:36 AM
Good morning all... and stay safe and WARM. If that is possible...

Whatever bug this is is now in full flower; as if waiting till I had done the shoping etc..taking liberties with chest etc..

Will be FINE, but glad to be abed today..Vicks is my friend..

I had promised the dogs a good walk but cannot do it so they have had a play outside and a huge meal of some odd looking internal bits one of the butchers gave yesterday.. Collie wolfed hers but wee dog looked a little fastidiously at hers...unlike collie she has never been starved..

Having seen the weather forecast am mighty glad of yesterday's mammoth shop! Set to get much colder and snow is in the offing... Hoping it does not jettison the Fair on Sunday but nothing I can do. Will decide nearer the day..

Makes fearsome reading does the forecast! Bitter days ahead here as for all of you.

So much food in the house now and two sacks each of coal and singles. So a quiet day now.. I was up in the night and could not resist unpacking the sacks of yarn and OH MY!Such riches! Some I cannot resist picking up and carrying around it is so soft and bright. Colour matters at this dark time of year.

It is all heaped up in my workroom and after Christmas I shall sort and catalogue it and store and decide. There is more to come after Cnristmas too...
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »