Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-08-2005, 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by bellaluna
I have 3 videoes

I aint posting them here.. I look like a troll...
I'm sure you dont But I can understand the shyness, I give my OH strict instructions NOT to get me in the clip, I wont have any part of me in videos apart from the bottom part
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2005, 01:05 PM
Originally Posted by Willow
I'm sure you dont But I can understand the shyness, I give my OH strict instructions NOT to get me in the clip, I wont have any part of me in videos apart from the bottom part
I could have easily made a video of Luna retrieving, but AM was adamant (sp?) that I was in the clip, so....

I could pm you the link, if you want to see?? They take a good while to upload though, so need patience

J
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-08-2005, 01:19 PM
That'd be great !

I can understand her needing to see you in the clip

Will have a look at the video when you pm me
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2005, 02:46 PM
Hi guys
J you have to show me your videos too, ow cant wait to see them, thats quick work

Ok quite a few people have seen my video now but i still wont be putting it on here, as i look silly in it but if anyone would like to see it then you can pm me for it that way i know who has seen it, and not the whole of DW
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2005, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by Natasha
Hi guys
J you have to show me your videos too, ow cant wait to see them, thats quick work

Ok quite a few people have seen my video now but i still wont be putting it on here, as i look silly in it but if anyone would like to see it then you can pm me for it that way i know who has seen it, and not the whole of DW
I'll catch u on msn then..
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-08-2005, 04:33 PM
Hi Nat,
Oscar is coming on really well, you have done a very good job with him, he seems to be coming on in leaps and bounds and i would love to see some of these videos
Best wishes
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2005, 07:51 PM
Well after i had done the video, it was easier for people to comment and tell me where i was going wrong and needed to improve on.
So we need to work on oscars wait until i say its ok to retreive the dummy (he is a little too eager to get it ) which imo is a good thing, but he does need to learn to wait until he is told. So i have been thinking how i can fit this into what i already do with him without him getiing borred with the same thing over and over again.
So when we go for our walks i usually when crossing roads etc just tell him to wait until i say to cross, but now im telling him to sit and wait until i say, this way he will hopefully associate, this with waiting and sitting for his retreive
Also we are starting to practise what AM mentioned which is bringing the dummie to my hand and not dropping it before told, again we are doing this on walks as he enjoys them so doesnt find training borring so im giving him the dummie to carry, but if he starts to play with it taking it back off him, so he learns its not a toy but fun all the same, and then calling him to me, telling him to sit with it and then taking the dummy of him so when he is retrieiving it he knows i want it back to my hands
So hopefully this will help us in the retreiving aspect of things too, while making it fun and interesting for the both of us
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2005, 07:59 PM
Wow Nat

That sounds great and you have come so far...

Congratulations
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2005, 08:13 PM
Thanks J yes im really pleased with oscar, we work great together and both really enjoy it which helps alot i havent tried this yet on the retreives just on the walks so its not getting too much for him as i dont want him getting borred of the dummy, and not wanting to get it in his training. As he has had the dummy enough while on the walks so i will leave it until he has the knack of getting it right on walks until progressing onto the retreives as he is still not doing it completly right. But we are getting there and have come a far way since the beginning And this is helping him to understand that he has to wait until told so should help us alot in his retrieve
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2005, 06:45 AM
Good for you Nat

both really enjoy it
this is really the main thing - I´m glad you´re both enjoying it
Page 8 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >