View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the confirmation Tupacs, I honestly could not remember whether it had been in a PM or on the forum. I know I had to wring the damn thing out of you, which I have to say HIGHLY irritated me. I cannot bear people who will never accept that they may have been wrong, it is a real bugbear for me.

I was ecstatic when the ban was lifted, because I didn't have to lie any more about Hal's heritage, which never sat comfortably with me. He was a lovely dog, beloved by all who knew him. A lot of people had guessed of course, but respected our need for privacy. I am thrilled when we see other utes, or ni's, or other northern breeds when we are out and about. We had a lovely mal x husky living in our village whose name I forgot - Nanook, I think it was. He was a handful, but Tai loved him, they got on really well together.

Bring 'em on, I say. I love northern breeds and am spoiled now for ever over an other type. So no jealousy this end Tupacs - well, yes, I must be honest and say I am jealous as hell of you owning Tupacs - he is GORGEOUS - and Tassle's Zeff. And Louise and Julie's Mals.
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 01:44 PM
OH met up with a couple of "trainers" and one behaviourist I think, and from memory it was the behaviourist who suggested an e collar! Not prepared to reveal their names at all - what a suggestion!! They are not famous, just local pub and walk acquaintances. We also took advice from the local gamekeeper, several farmers, one who has another of Hal's sons from the first litter, and who trained him using an e collar extremely successfully when all else failed.
Gnasher

You said you had tried everything, and this was a last resort, a few trainers, and what sounds like a ****e behaviourist, is not trying everything. Can I ask why you didn't go too, and just your OH? Yet, you have repeatedly refused help from respected trainers and behaviourists on this board, find that very odd indeed.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 01:47 PM
Hmm, a complete failure. Well, we'll see won't we. I don't know how long it is now, must be about 4 weeks, and we now have a dog who has a good basic recall and is a pleasure to own and love.

A couple of nicks on his neck is worth it - and I reckon Ben would say so too! I am still waiting for this traumatised dog to suddenly appear!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 01:48 PM
I work Moonstone, 12 hour days, 5 days a week.

Not at weekends. Just like the trainers and the behaviourist!!
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 01:49 PM
You probably wouldn't notice it it did.
I don't believe you tried trainers or a behaviourist.
I don't believe anything you say any more.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 01:52 PM
I hear my name is being taken in vain.
I said welll as in well who gives a flying fork.

So Gnasher could well benefit from lessons in comprehension as well as dog training?

I suggested before that Blogs may well be used to promote ecollars. It seems I was right.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 01:52 PM
Spoken word is slander---once again you lie.

Or maybe your 'OH' is misleading you.

Either way you are wrong on two counts.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 01:54 PM
Sorry - slip of the fingers. I meant slander.

My apologies.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 01:55 PM
Rune:

Am I bovvered??
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 01:55 PM
Do forum rules apply to blogs?