Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-08-2013, 06:50 AM

Dogsey daily thread (Sunday).

Morning everyone. Seems like we are all having a lie-in. I slept till near 7.30 Dillon woke around 6ish but Gorden got up.
I was awake as usual around 3 and found it difficult to get back to sleep and heard it raining so I guess it been raining nearly all night again. I did think today and tomorrow were meant to be nice here's hoping.

We are off to a BBQ this afternoon just a few doors up not sure if its dependent on weather or not. It usually isn't there whole house is usually open house.

I hope everyone is well and all our four legged and furry and scaly friends too.

Enjoy your BanK Holiday Sunday everyone.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2013, 07:04 AM
Morning Lynn and all,

I was up at 6 this morning and went out with Lily for a good walk. She is now snoozing and waiting for her breakfast.

I am also off to a BBQ this afternoon as my eldest grandson becomes a teenager today so we are having a bit of a celebration. So like you Lynn I am hoping for good weather.

This morning I have piles of paperwork to wade through and see if it can be shredded so I don't have to cart it with me.
Only 6 days till I move now this time next week I will be waking up in my new home. . not that i am excited of course . Bet you will all be glad when I have moved so I will shut up with this countdown

Hope you all have a lovely bank holiday Sunday whatever your plans.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-08-2013, 07:07 AM
Morning Bev no lie-in for you then.
Happy birthday to your Grandson and here's hoping the weather perks up the sun is trying to peek through here.
Good luck with the paperwork Gorden has been shredding for a week and is still going strong.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2013, 07:09 AM
Happy Sunday!
Bev, of course you're not excited Enjoy yourself with your Gson today
Lynn enjoy the BBQ, hope it's fine.
Back later.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2013, 07:10 AM
Morning Lynn and fellow members,

Heavy rain overnight as I could hear it on the velux window in the kitcen Yes, I slept on the settee in the kitchen as I wanted to be at hand if Rucksack needed to get out quickly. They both slept fantastically and apart from having them both come over to say hello at 5ish we all then went back to sleep. Rucksack seems so much happier this morning and has hopefully got rid of his tummy ache from yesterday and apart from a wee outside there has been nothing else. So I have high hopes that the abs are kicking in

It is still very dark here and there is heavy rain ... hopefully it will be nicer later

Lynn - Sorry you had a disturbed sleep and you were no doubt mulling things over which is always worse at night. ((hugs)). Enjoy the BBQ this afternoon. Its meant to clear up around late morning and be nice this afternoon so hopefully it will be on. Its so much easier going to a 'do' so close 'cos you can pop backwards and forwards.

Bev - Oooh keep the countdown going Your excitement is palpable (6 days to moving .....)? Enjoy the BBQ and I hope you get to sort that paperwork, there is always so much.

My brother and I popped along to the pub to help celebrate her 60th. We were only gone one a half hours and I left the back door wide open and the outside lights on. All was still fine when I got home thank goodness.

See you all later but I hope you enjoy the rest of your bank holiday weekend.

*********** Jenny you snuck in AGAIN and only one minute before!! Enjoy your day ********
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-08-2013, 07:23 AM
Morning Jenny have a nice lunch today with all the family.
Morning jenny. Good to hear Rucksack seems better today long may it continue.
Did you leave the door open deliberately when you went out or by mistake ? Either way nice to know everything was safe when you arrived home.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2013, 07:32 AM
Lynn - I left the door out in to the back garden wide open .... leaving the house very insecure but I know that if Rucksack had needed to get out he would have tried to get in to the garden. My theory was it was so wet and vile outside that hopefully there wouldn't have been prowlers around As it was I'm fairly sure he will have just sat by the front door the entire time. My brother thought I was mad but he is now sworn to secrecy not to let on to my OH
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-08-2013, 07:34 AM
Good idea swearing brother to secrecy only we understand our madness.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2013, 07:38 AM
Morning everyone, it has been a wet 24 hours. Hopefully it is going to brighten towards mid day. Steve wants to go fishing again locally.

jenny so pleased that rucksack seems better this morning lets hope he keeps that up.

Bev, not long now, you are entitled to get excited. Happy birthday to the Grandson.

Lyn, guess you are still worrying about doing the right thing but I am sure it will turn out ok. Enjoy the BBQ this afternoon.

Nippy, Hi to you too.

have a good day everyone, It is nice and fresh outside. Amber's tucking in to her chicken breakfast. God bless all.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2013, 08:10 AM
Morning all! No one had a later start than me. Didn't wake up until 9.30!! Becoz of course I was awake until the early hours worrying about so many of my family being 'up in the air'!

They are home safe now. Place seems deserted. Already managed to bestow the travel cot, high chair, booster seat and training loo seat (along with a thousand other kiddy bits and bobs) onto my upstairs neighbours who keep the penthouse as a holiday pad. They have a sis coming over next month who has two babies. So that's good.

Was going to chuck everything into the spare room today and sort it at my leisure but alas the aircon in my bedroom seems to have thrown a fit and blowing like a gale (was making the bedsheet billow up lol!) so I might be sleeping in spare room myself for a while. (On the other hand there's that lovely daybed in the living room!)

Jen leaves this evening and we are both just 'pottering' around here - she has packed and I'm doing the last bits of her laundry and sewing jobs for her. (She's a scientist - they apparently don't have sewing skills lol!)

REALLY hoping to have a Skype call and good catchup with my eldest sometime later today.

Oh and it's still TOO DAMM HOT!
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »