Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-06-2008, 04:08 PM

Fright of my life!

Took Poppy to the groomers this morning for a pamper before we go on holiday. Two hours after dropping her off my mobile starts ringing and the groomer's name is displayed, so I answer it thinking they're phoning to let me know she's ready for collection, but no, the coversation goes like this:

Me: Hello
Groomer: Is that Mrs C.........?
Me: Yes
Groomer: Hello, it's S....... from the groomers here, there's been an accident ........

I felt sick to my stomach, my face must have been a picture because my mum lept out of her chair and rushed over to me

Groomer: the dryers have broken and we've not been able to dry Poppy so she won't be ready for several hours yet.

What a way to start a telephone call "there's been an accident"!!

You know how they say your life flashes before you just before you die, well, all sorts of things flashed through my mind in that split second: Poppy being attacked by another dog; Poppy falling off the grooming table; someone leaving the door open and Poppy running out and getting run over ......... need I go on!

I justed wanted my baby back, so I just said "I'm coming to fetch her" and put the phone down, got in the car and was gone before I could even tell my poor mum what had happened!

Still, at least Poppy got a free bath!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2008, 04:15 PM
Definitely not a particularly tactful way to start a conversation......

Hope you enjoy your holiday, hon x0x