Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2005, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by The Great Gildersleeve
I kept all my teeth till about a year ago with few fillings and then we discovered that we had been removed from the dentist's list without the usual warning so we cannot get an NHS dentist now and the one we used is at the bottom of our street. Through the pills I am on(and probably grinding of teeth which I understand I have done in the past whilst sleeping)I have lost or will have 5 teeth missing soon. They can't be re-filled(what's there to fill)so I'll wait and then perhaps get a partial set of dentures on a palete(sp)if I can get used to wearing one.

Its a crazy situation...

G
Whatever you doGilder don't go for the plastic ones as you won't be able to talk! Lol! You can still type though I have had a lot of back ones out through abcesses and my dentist made me up a half plate so that I could eat properly, but when he put it in, I could only lisp and splutter, so he told me to go away and get used to it. It was horrendous! i paid the extra and had a nice stainless steel plate made which is very inobtrusive in my mouth, and I could still talk when he fitted it - heaven! I could eat steak again instead of sucking it to death! I paid £400 but I think it's more like £600 now for one top plate which only has 2 teeth either side, so pretty expensive but well worth every penny.
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-09-2005, 07:47 PM
your lucky now helen you don`t have to cook the apple before you eat it but i hope to get mine soon fed up with eating soup all the time feel sorry for you Gaz i have managed to eat all of my crowns it`s a big problem with teeth hope you sort yours out but as you say that super glue is very good used it myself
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-09-2005, 07:52 PM
lol i can picture the scene!
The Great Gildersleeve
Dogsey Junior
Male 

30-09-2005, 08:46 PM
Helena,

Something to save up for I think I still have a little put aside in the bank for that emergency. Then again, if someone says "what do you want for Christmas"

I know what too ask for like you its the back teeth...for now.

Thanks for the advice. I must admit that there were two things I had thought about, how comfortable would they be and would talking be affected.

Can you ever imagine talking about this anywhere else before

Gildy x
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-09-2005, 08:49 PM
:smt042 :smt042 :smt042 I can just imagine it
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2005, 09:00 PM
You are mad! It made me laugh though!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2005, 09:34 PM
i had a crown fall out and stuck in back in with super glue ..my dentist to this day can;t get it out...so have just left it
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2005, 01:18 PM
[QUOTE=The Great Gildersleeve]Helena,

Something to save up for I think I still have a little put aside in the bank for that emergency. Then again, if someone says "what do you want for Christmas"

I know what too ask for like you its the back teeth...for now.

Thanks for the advice. I must admit that there were two things I had thought about, how comfortable would they be and would talking be affected.

Hi Gilder, there is no comparison between those horrible plastic things and the stainless steel, for one thing you don't have a big bit of plastic going across the whole roof of your mouth, hence the problem with speech. I sort of designed mine myself! Lol! I told him I just wanted a thin metal bar going over right at the back of my mouth, and they fit in soooooo tight coz they press against the teeth that you do have Even my dentist was impressed when he got it made for me and said how wonderfully it fitted, and that I must wear it, but I only wear it when I want to eat! Take my advice and go for something like this. Sorry but I don't think it would be a good idea to post up a picture of them! Lol! As you say, what other site could I talk about my pearlies Start saving, it will be a brilliant investment, and then if you ever have to have any more out, then they just stick new ones onto the same plate, as I started off with only 1 each side but sadly have 2 now The joys of getting old x
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2005, 09:41 AM
:smt044 :smt043 :smt044 :smt043 :smt044 :smt043

gaz you are a crackerjack,, the self filling kit from boots might have been a better option lol
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2005, 05:37 PM
thanks for a good laugh. just wondered if you are now qualified to fit braces as my 14 year old has waited since feb to have 4 teeth out and braces?????
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2