Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nimah
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-03-2010, 07:59 PM

Just My Luck

Hiya I want ur views on a particular problem
I have a bitch entered for Crufts tomorrow under a judge whose opinion I would really like to know BUT she has come into season early, starting 2 days ago.

She is on bitch de-oderant tablets and has been applied with bitch spray.

The plan of action I have is to give her tablets and a spray before setting off to Crufts, topping her up with a spray and her back end a whipe before entering the NEC and putting her on the bench inside a crate with blankets over the top that have been sprayed with bitch spray. Then throughout the day topping her up with another dose of tablets and sprays, plus regular wipes of the back end to minimise the dripping.

Do you think I could get away showing her with minimum distraction to other exhibitors?
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2010, 08:05 PM
hi
at the end of the day can u live with the decision?....you and i know that,tablets wipes and deodorant cannot disguise this most primeval of smells from other dogs....it could upset other bitches as well as dogs.....your call,but i couldn't do it
Mese
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-03-2010, 08:09 PM
despite every precaution you said you would take , it wouldnt be fair to the other people and dogs there imo
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2010, 08:10 PM
I personally think its quite unfair for the other dogs attending.
so No i dont think its a good idea.
Freyja
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-03-2010, 08:20 PM
Last year we missed crufts as my racing greyhound came into season. I left her at home as I decided it wasn't fair on the other dogs. If I'd been able to leave her in the car and just get her out for her class I would have taken her but I wouldn't take a bitch in season even with the tablets and sprays.

If she was mine I'd leave her at home the judge will be judging at other shows.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2010, 08:21 PM
Not worth it IMO.
Nimah
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-03-2010, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by Freyja View Post
Last year we missed crufts as my racing greyhound came into season. I left her at home as I decided it wasn't fair on the other dogs. If I'd been able to leave her in the car and just get her out for her class I would have taken her but I wouldn't take a bitch in season even with the tablets and sprays.

If she was mine I'd leave her at home the judge will be judging at other shows.
Exactly what I am worried about. I thought I would leave her in the car as long as possible then bring her out to show, after she's been in her class then I would crate her up on the bench.
ARRRGHHHHHH the downside of owning a show bitch

I'm handling another dog there for a different owner so at least I am still able to do some showing, so not a total loss
RedyreRotties
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-03-2010, 09:57 PM
It is different in the US. There are bitches in season at every dog show, and it is generally taken as a given that there will be. However, these are not benched shows.
Freyja
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-03-2010, 10:03 PM
When we were walking round the lake at the NEC on friday we followed a woman with a bitch that was most definitely in full season. Not only was Owen very interested in her several other passing dogs were too.

Last year when Button was in season we still went even though she stayed at home. We spent a day looking at other breeds being judged and shopping but we also saw a lot of bitches that were in season. At the time I said to my OH if I'd have taken Button everyone would have complained but we saw loads of bitches from other breeds in season.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2010, 10:35 PM
Are you allowed to take bitches in season to championship dog shows? I only ask as I show at local dog show level and you aren't allowed to there.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >