View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-10-2021, 06:39 PM
Goodness Chris what a nightmare for you and Dave.
Glad Gary is over his moodiness.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2021, 09:50 PM
He said I'd get the appointment in a fortnight as the result of taking the steroids (high dose so the appetite will go ballistic and just after taking off the stone in weight I had put on in lockdown too <sigh> ) will determine whether or not a biopsy is needed. On saying that, what one hospital doctor says, doesn't necessarily mean the same as what another will do.

The worry is possible aneurysm because they simply don't know as yet what the heck it is. The present thinking is possible swelling in the area, but that may or not be correct.

No point worrying about it as that just makes the headache worse so taking it as it comes at the moment because I figure their guess is as good as mine until the cause is identified properly

The girl? I really don't know. I do know he gets more stroppy when she's around, but is that the girl or is it Gary? Only time will tell

She seems nice, but I've had two of the care staff say they know her and to warn Gary off. How the heck I'm supposed to do that with a 51 year old man who, for the first time in forever has a friend he can talk to, I really don't know.

It'll all come out in the wash
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2021, 10:35 PM
Chris, don't worry about the weight.....it will come off and what's a little extra weight as long as you are getting better ( I have gone from a size 8 to a 14 in a year!) I don't think there's anything I can do to help but if there is, just let me know.
The Gary situation, well....I guess all you can do is let him make his own mistakes and try to pick up the pieces afterwards, I would imagine that the more you tell him to keep away...the more appealing she will become ( at least that's how I am). I suppose if you are half expecting it you will be prepared to deal with the fallout if there is any.... which I hope there won't be, you don't need anything else going on at the moment.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2021, 10:38 PM
Chris with regard to Gary and the girl I think the old adage least said soonest mended; you'll be damned whatever you say or do so say or do nothing.

The health issue sounds petrifying yet as you say at the moment everything is up in the air, an aneurysm is a scary word in itself my best wishes to you.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2