Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by suecurrie View Post
Yes occasionally but I am also guilty of asking. I think if it is an old dog I like to compare the 'state' of theirs to my staffy who doesn't look or act her age (11.5) I saw one the other day and it looked brilliant and it was 19 so Meggie is definitely going to live to be 20
We met a 19 and a half year old Jack Russell yesterday! Incredible age.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 08:09 PM
I get asked about Oscar's age quite a lot, but I think that's because he's very puppy like and playful in his behaviour when meeting other dogs, so people just want to know how young he is. God knows why though?
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 08:13 PM
..dont mind the age question.. HATE the 'how much' question
PerthLady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-03-2011, 08:15 PM
Dex is still a puppy so we get asked all the time! I don't think we have ever had someone come clap him or come round to the house and not ask!

xx
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 08:23 PM
I do all the time with Merlin - and now with Rue as well!

People assume at first glance that they are GSDs, but after a while aren't sure as they are smaller (yep) and very lively and don't behave quite like a GSD. So a frown appears then I'm asked "How old is he/she?"

I know this one so well now, I just grin and say: "He/she's not what you think s/he is!"
Kilos'-'Serenity
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-03-2011, 08:49 PM
We were at a car boot sale when Kilo was 2 and a gent asked why he wasn't stiff or lame like most old dogs!

He couldn't believe Kilo was so young and that it was just his markings making him look distinguished

He's 6 now, and already starting to get a couple of greys in his brindle patch
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 08:51 PM
I often do with Siren, but it is usually people in classes and I think they are wondering how long it will be till their dogs behaves that way.

I excuse Zeff a lot because of his age!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by Luthien View Post
Why is it wrong to get two from the same little Kerry?

Not that I could even contemplate having two at the same time...
Er because they bond with each other and not so much with you. Also very hard to put the time in so that they do bond with you and to spend time training and walking each one separately. Can also be difficult as they mature as 2 dogs the same breed and same age may have disagreements re status. Have seen this with people who had 2 Cairn terrier pups from the same litter and when they matured they fought each other. Behaviourist said they needed to treat one first for putting lead on, feeding etc but they said they couldn't do this as "unfair". We also see someone who has 2 Shih-tzu pups as she went to buy one and couldn't leave the other pup on its own. These are really terribly badly behaved and they live with a Staffie and I feel sorry for the Staffie as they yap yap all the time and run up to other dogs yapping and I think if she had just had one pup it would have probably learned from the Staffy but these 2 just wind each other up all the time.

Also terribly expensive-if I had bought 2 pups from Parker's breeder would have set me back £1900!! Another good reason for getting a rescue I think

PS-just thought of something else bad-they might both die at the same time being the same age. However, with my 2 Cairns I sadly lost both within 6 weeks and they were a couple of years apart so you can never tell.
Tessabelle
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 10:52 PM
All the time! I think it's because he's so ballsy and bouncy they can tell he's young. I tend to ask other owners when I think it's under two and usually I'm right, except at the weekend when I met a 9year old lab that was bouncing all over the place!
tbh, the most common question we ask is what breed, we have turned into right old dog spotters!!
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 11:15 PM
We get it a lot i don't mind but people seem surprised when i say 7 i don't know if they expect him to be older or younger.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >