View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2010, 12:22 PM
Just caught up with this again Lauren...that wound looks so awful, poor little mite.

I'm so pleased you feel he is on the up, what a worry for you still though xx
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2010, 12:50 PM
Cant multi quote just now sorry

Im so happy he has started playing today! He keeps bringing me a ball, and coz I wont throw it, he is going round the house gathering all his balls up! So cute when he cant reach it with the cone, so my nephew is getting those ones for him its great to see him looking so happy again

My niece and nephew are being so good with him. They are being gentle with him, and making sure to not touch his wound. My mum touched his shoulder today, and my niece (who turned 3 last saturday) straight away said in a stern teacher like way, 'did you touch his sore bit?'

berger, until today jake was exactly how you described ivan! I think he got fed up banging into things, so just gave up and stopped moving around

Oh helena, I was so shocked when he came out like that, and just burst into tears it was horrible to see him like that.

The vet has done a great job, and the wound is looking really good. He has to go back on thursday so fingers crossed the vet says he is doing well. I think he is but will be good to hear what the vet thinks.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2010, 01:01 PM
Oh, meant to say that I did see glass (a broken wine bottle) but it could have been something else that caused it. There was also bits of metal but none sharp enough to cause that. Could be something that I missed or in a place I couldnt reach.

Also, how long do stitches usually stay in for? I have never had experience with them, so no clue
DippyLeo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-07-2010, 01:46 PM
Poor Jake that sure does looks nasty Give him a 'Gentle' Hug from me

If he was mine I'd be tempted to keep applying a little aloe vera gel to his wound and over his shaved skin to help with the healing
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2010, 06:07 PM
Just saw the pics - blimey that looks nasty, pleased to hear Jake's picking up in himself now though - lets hope he makes a speedy recovery. xx
tokiayla
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2010, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
Oh, meant to say that I did see glass (a broken wine bottle) but it could have been something else that caused it. There was also bits of metal but none sharp enough to cause that. Could be something that I missed or in a place I couldnt reach.

Also, how long do stitches usually stay in for? I have never had experience with them, so no clue
Glad to hear he is getting better.
I think it's usually about 10 days for the stitches, but it could be wrong!
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2010, 06:31 PM
Aw, thanks. I was wondering about whether or not I could put something on it. The vet didnt mention anything. Is there any specific type of aloe vera gel?... Im a bit dense with these things lol, my old boy sam never had any problems like jake has

Aw, that must be why he keeps the buster collar on for 10 days I guess he will get it checked on thursday and then get another appointment about next tuesday to get the stitches out.
DippyLeo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-07-2010, 07:22 PM
I use the pure aloe vera gel ... well 99.99% I use for both me and the dogs and the only place I can get it at the minute is Holland & Barrett

I also use Wonder Gel for the boys for hot spots etc but as this has Calendula in which really speeds up healing may not be a good choose with Jake having stitches .. worth bearing in mind for regular scrapes etc though

the Aloe will help soothe & cool his skin and reduce any itchiness
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2010, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by DippyLeo View Post
I use the pure aloe vera gel ... well 99.99% I use for both me and the dogs and the only place I can get it at the minute is Holland & Barrett

I also use Wonder Gel for the boys for hot spots etc but as this has Calendula in which really speeds up healing may not be a good choose with Jake having stitches .. worth bearing in mind for regular scrapes etc though

the Aloe will help soothe & cool his skin and reduce any itchiness
Thanks there is a holland and barrett in the town centre so will pop up tomorrow and get some

Will keep the wonder gel in mind, jake is an accident prone wee doggy so will probably come in handy at some point in the future
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 12:56 PM
Glad to hear Jake's wanting to play, he must be feeling loads better now, but I should imagine once those stitches start pulling with all the healing he'll be feeling it. As DippyLeo has said that 99.9% from Holland and Barret is fantastic and it's the only place you'll get it that pure, I even tried on t'internet and couldn't find anything as good, and it won't matter if he licks it, it'll do him good as well!

good luck with your boy, I hope those stitches come out soon and he'll be bouncing back again.

The reason I mentioned the barbed wire is, that doesn't look like one clean sweep of a cut from glass does it, it's more like "ripped" about, and he could have got caught in a bit of barbed wire. Next time you're up there, keep him well out of the way and go and take a look, coz the other week I saw a big loop of barbed wire just shoved in the bushes down here I told the council about it coz of the danger to our dogs, bladdy people!!!!
Page 9 of 18 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »